Friday, November 19, 2010

It Finally Happened

I've caught a cold and the first snow has stuck to the cars outside. I could feel the familiar scratch in my throat yesterday morning, the scratch that tells me that its going to be hard to swallow for a little while, you know the one where your head becomes heavy, your neck hurts and all you want to do its sleep all day. Anyway, I fought long and hard yesterday to keep the sickness at bay, yet all the water, oranges, airborne, and purell couldn't repair the damage that had done. Luckily my mom and dad came up last night and were able to get me some medicine to combat whatever I have..be it a nasty cold, or strep throat. None the less I took a huge swig of nyquil last night and I woke up just a few minutes ago..I got a great full nights sleep because of the quil..good stuff! So I am a little happy today that I don't feel as awful as I thought I was going to be feel and that I am not contagious which means I don't have to sit in bed all day, even though a nice long nap all day does sound appealing. Tonight is a night where I actually want to be able to go out and do something. It's my last weekend of my true offseason and its the night of the Harry Potter opening. Officially the movie released this morning at 12am, I would usually have been there for the midnight showing but alas I did not grace the Pittsford cinema with my appearance this morning. So now as I struggle to wake up I am left to think about the day ahead. I've got to get through the next ~11 hours and life will then be good. I will get to start the weekend off by reading some Harry Potter, then going to the movie, then going to bed and sleeping until whenever I feel like it. I will sleep long and hard with the aid of nyquil. This weekend is going to be all about sleeping. I have a big week next week and I want to get back to full strength! What's my big week entail of you ask? Well, I would be more than happy to let you all know.
1. The 2011 season will officially kick off. Some easy efforts will begin and the weight room might even make an appearance.
2. Only 3 days of work
3. I am going to Portland, Oregon on Thurday morning to spend the weekend with my brothers family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment