Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Rest of Last Weekend...about a week late, haha

I had intended on saying a couple words about my Sunday..on Sunday, however the day just got away from me because it was so awesome, and well yesterday was pretty hellish at work so...there you have it.

What I had wanted to say was that Sunday was a BEAUTIFUL day filled with a whole bunch of awesome things. It all started out at about 5am when I woke up to get ready for my adventure ahead. Well actually if you get technical, it started at about 4am when I woke up and put down my pre-big training day breakfast, as I am trying to accllomate myself as best as possible to the race day meal that I will be eating. Currently that is:
1. Blueberry Bagel from Wegmans Bakery
2. 1 Scoop of Dymatize Protein
3. 1 Large Organic Banana

Recipe : Put a small amount of water in blender, add banana and protein, add ice, turn on blender and watch it puree the heck out of it while hopefully not waking the neighbors. Then eat bagel as you wish. I like to eat my un-toasted in its raw form, I just get more satisfaction out of them that way.

Getting back on track. My real day began at about 6:15 when I met up with fellow Train This teammates Kim and Ken to get a 45 min run in before the rest of the team arrived as we three had longer runs planned than the rest. Ken and I strode along together at a good clip, nothing heroic, just an easy pace to get the blood flowing. As we came back to the parking lot at Mendon Ponds we were met by the rest of the group who were heading out, and I had to go the bathroom! I thought I was going to have some nice transition time, but noooo. Anyway, I went the bathroom, got a gel, consumed the gel, and hit the road running...literally. As the rest of the team was plodding along nicely ahead of me I decided that I did not want to be way back so I must catch up. Well scrapping the prescribed hr zones I did my best impression of Craig Alexander and tracked down those rascal's who had beaten me out of T-2. The rest of the run went as planned. I backed off the pace and ran with the group until I had about a half hour left. At that point I picked up the pace and finished the last 30 min of my 1:45 run in zone 3 hr. I was pleased, it felt good!

The worst part about the whole day was that as I approached the parking lot to meet back up with the team I saw that everyone was standing around Kim's car..and glass was laying shattered everywhere.

I had written this on Tuesday and its now Friday so I've kind of forgotten what I was going to end this with. So with that...this post is cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment