Saturday, March 20, 2010

This is what I live for.

This is what it is all about for me. It's Saturday morning at 6am and I am sitting at a coffee shop getting ready for the day by downing coffee, eating a bagel, and tapping away at my laptop. It's a training day and I am going to be on the bike for 5 hours today....AWESOME. The weather is supposed to be great but thats really just icing on the cake, I'm just glad to be out of work and on my bike.

As for the actual bike ride, I am going to be joined by probably the coolest dude ever, Mike Norton. He is a friend of Scott Likly's, the owner of my favorite bike shop ever, Towpath bike in Pittsford, and an all-around awesome guy. Last night I was fortunate enough to be invited over to his house for dinner with his family. It was awesome, Mike made an awesome dinner of Shrimp and Pasta with Broccoli and caesar salad...soooo good. Any person that cooks me up a boatload of broccoli knows their way to my heart. I am always very honored when someone invites me into their house. Its really special to me able to be a part of their family for the night, I mean I was able to meet both his wife and son. His son is such a cool little guy, smart as heck and a Spiderman freak! Ha..he had a spiderman costume and was running all around pretending to shoot string on me, its was great. The kid can also ride to! He's got a couple great little bikes and he totally rocks it. Watch out for him! So yeah, last night was great, it was truly a treat to be invited over, kinda like living in a hotel or being on vacation for a night because lets face it when your 23, work in public accounting, and live in a 1 bedroom apartment, well lets just say that its not the cleanest place in the world. I really need to attack that place someday...but for now their are more pressing matters like getting out on the road and mashing some pedals.

Well then, about 10 after 6 now. I must say that the Bruggers Bagel store in Bushnell's Basin is an A+. The lady that served me was super nice and a great benefit of being an early riser is that the coffee was freshly brewed and the blueberry bagel was literally hot off the press...delicious!

As some of you may know I am currently working on creating a new website utilizing my iWeb mac program. This will allow me to post my blogs to this site as well as create Podcasts using another mac program. The podcast programs is really cool and will be a lot of fun to use. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow I will have some more time to work on this and there will be some new podcasts up to play around with.

Alright, Im out for now but don't worry I shall return. I have lots more to talk about including a bunch of new gear I recently picked up for my bike that will enable me to stay hydrated and well fueled on training and race days alike.

Have a great day everyone!

-Matt

2 comments:

  1. you suck. it was 70 and sunny yesterday. now its 34 and snowraining. hammer it all day for those of us that have to hit the trainer and treadmill.

    ReplyDelete