Saturday, March 13, 2010

Train This Total Domination "T3D"

T3D the new motto. Live this. Believe this. Train This.

What an absolutely amazing day! The concept of a team is quite an exceptional thing. Today was a truly a day where the aspect of a team could been seen. In my past I have been on many teams. Little League, Flag Football, Highschool Baseball, College Baseball, but there is just so much more to it when you are on a team where the people are sacrificing themselves daily to the sport. As a person with a triathlon addiction, a job is a necessary thing. Let's face it, they don't pay out to 30th place at most races in the age-group category. Thus, most age-group teams are composed of people who on a daily basis wake up before dawn and workout, go to work and bust their butt, and then go workout some more after the work day is over. And oh by the way, what are they doing on their weekends? They are training 6+ hours a day because the whole day is theirs! So anyway, back on point. It's just a pretty awesome thing to be on a team where you know everyone is giving their all and they are all on board. Since this is triathlon we are all competing individually, but here's where the benefit of the team things comes in. For instance, whom I talking to the night before/morinng of the race. My team. Who do I meet up with before the race to get a quick warm up run in with? My Team. Who do I cheer for during the race? My team. Who cheers for me when I see them on the course? My team. That by far is the COOLEST THING EVER. As I am still meeting all the faces in the running/triathlon game it means the world to me to see people I know when I am out racing. Who needs a caffeine boost when you can get a natural adrenaline kick from your friends. Seriously, todays race was a prime example of why an out and back course is cool. Everyone on the team was able to see and cheer for everyone, during the race! So cool!

So all in all it was just great. Great to be a part of something where everyone is driven towards the same thing. Each of us has our own peronsal goals but collectively we help each other achieve those. It's one thing to feel good about your performance, and by all means that is probably the most important thing because at the end of the day you can't lie to yourself. But on the other hand when goals are reached and achievements are obtained, it is just the absolute RITZ to be able to share them with people who truly care. People who understand each others dedication and understand how that person who just hit their goal feels.

So to all the people who got out there today and ran in the Johnny's 5 Miler...Awesome Job today. Here's your roll call people --> http://pcrtiming.com/racedata/2010/03/green/GREENOVR.HTM

As a special shout out to my teammates who ALL hit their goals today! GREAT FREAKING JOB!

Our team rocks. Check out this sweet email that Coach Mary sent to us, team unity right here! T3D!

We had an amazing day at Johnny's. Everyone, and I mean everyone executed their race plans without fail. It was one of those days where as a coach I almost cried. I was so incredibly proud of be a part of this.

As usual I left out some names, I will have results up on the site tomorrow:

Matt (I believe Matt was second overall female :-)
Alexa
Ken
Don
Chris
mark Shaw
Eddy Clark
Kim Ammon

We saw many many great friends there, Kellmans, Sarah, Jeremy was even spotted, Mike Dunn, too many to even count. It was soooooo crowded and soooo much fun!

Congrats to Gretchen who ran a great 5K in florida this am!

Go CORONA! He swam in the ocean today for the first time. awesome!





Oh yeah...and another cool thing about this race...I was able to run with a family member, a team member, a co-worker, a coach, fellow Penn Yan Natives, and new friends i just made...you just don't get to do that everyday!

and if I may add one more tid bit. Check out the new Triathlete Magazine next time your at Wegmans or Barnes and Noble or anywhere that carries a good selection of magazines...my man crush is gracing the cover. Yes, I said Man Crush. I can't hide it..he's just to damn cool and I pretty much have copied him by wearing the same shoes and helmet as him..which are freaking sweet if i may say so myself (DMT cycling shoes, and a GIRO AERO Advantage 2 Helmet (White and Silver))..hahahaha

2 comments:

  1. Hey Matt! Since you wrote about team, I just wanted to say hi. I'm a long-distance Train This-er who has stalked your blog for a couple months now. HI!

    Congratulations on first overall female! ;) Mary is getting quite a kick out of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear someone is checking the blog out. I've haven't been so good with my blogs these past few months due to work being pretty nuts! But hopefully that will improve in the coming weeks. I am trying to see if I can get a podcast going to since that alleviates the typing of a blog since with training and everything, finding the time to sit down and write something gets harder and harder.

    Anyway, glad to hear from you, hopefully you'll keep checking in. Good luck with your training and all the races you have planned!!! T3D!!!

    ReplyDelete