Tuesday, August 10, 2010

It's 4:30 AM again...

Hello old friend. I haven't seen you in a while. I've been sleeping in until 5am lately as my schedule has allowed for this lapse of early rising. Way back when last fall 4:30 AM became my sweet spot. It was the time when I would wake up ready to conquer the world. That pretty much held true all the way through until the busy season ended this past April 15th. Well since then things have changed, thats the nature of the accounting field. Luckily I have found a place now that allows for even more normality during the off season. A standard work week that allows me to be able to dictate my life is an extremely welcome addition to my life. The busy season is well busy and the long hours and lessened sleep will come, but for now I am enjoying knowing ill be out of work by 4:30 or 5:30, and sleeping by 6:30, haha, but seriously I do go to bed that early :)

So, what is it that I do at 4:30? Really getting up at 4:30 just allows me time to just think. I am able to get my coffee, have a bit of breakfast, and just think about the day ahead and what I've got to accomplish. My mind tends to be much much clearer at this earlier hour. Plus no one else in their right mind is up so NO ONE can bug you about anything. A lot of times work and family and friends can all pose situations during the day that just arise out of nowhere and change your plans completely. Now don't get me wrong that is now a bad thing, especially if it is something family or friend related, but for someone like me who likes to stick to a plan when things don't go as scheduled it can throw me into a tizzy. The beauty about early rising is that its free time. Between 4:30 and 8:30 in the morning no one from work is going to call me and ask about a project, my parents are most likely still sleeping or just waking up, and my friends are most definitely sleeping...so basically I am off duty and responsibility free, JUST THE WAY I LIKE IT. So that's kind of why I like this early morning time. I can just be..If I owned my own business I truly believe this is when I would do the majority of my work, I just really work better at this time. It's to bad I can't swing my hours so that I work from 4:30-8:30, then train until noon, then go back and work until 4:30...now that would be sweet! Maybe someday, I just have to work on coming up with the invention of idea of a life. If you have any tips or suggestions on that let me know!

Well because I can't stay on topic to save my life, here is a fun triathlon fact to make your Tuesday go a little better:
(I found this out while reading a new book that I picked up at Barnes and Noble called "17 Hours to Glory - Extraordinary Stories from the Heart of Triathlon" this book details 17 athletes and their journies within the sport of triathlon. It includes the like of Julie Moss to the present day unbeatable Chrissie Wellington.)

Fun fact #1 - In 1900, thanks to the British we all have to run 1.2 more miles during the marathon because they wanted the Olympic marathon that year to start at Buckingham Palace in order for the Queen to be the official race started. Since then the established marathon distance has been 26.2 miles instead of the original 25 miles that Pheideppides ran in 490 B.C. to announce the Greek Army's victory over the Persians. (As a side note Pheideppides died shortly after he finished the 25 miles, like literally, he hit mile 25, announced the Greeks kicked the Persians butt's and then proceeded to go off to the heavens). Thus, all you triathletes who are at mile 25 - 26.2 you can attribute your suffering, your tired legs, your pee stained shorts, your whatever to Queen Victoria -->
She really looks like she was interested in a bunch of men running a long race...geez...

2 comments: