Friday, May 7, 2010

Big Weekend Ahead

Welp, as luck would have it as soon as one Achilles starts to feel better the other decides to throw a fit and act up! Seriously, why can't they just live in harmony. The soreness is in a different spot than it was on the other one which makes me wonder if it is just a results of some muscle pull on the lower calve area. The pain isn't really intense, just noticeable when I walk down stairs. Hopefully a good nights sleep and some ice will make it feel better. I have a nice 6 hour ride planned with CuseTri tomorrow morning and I am really hoping that it gives me no issues. I've been dying to get my mileage on the bike and run back up but I will be smart and back it down if things don't go as planned. The run will still be there when I need it..their is no need to push these things...

But aside from me complaining about my lower legs, I can't tell you how excited I am to get to ride with my good buddy Corona tomorrow. A 6 hour ride can be pretty daunting even in the best weather, and since Upstate and Central NY are expecting hurricane gusts of wind and temperatures in the 50's with rain...well that add's another piece to the puzzle. The conditions will not be ideal but they will be manageable. Everything is manageable if you plan ahead. The route is planned, our safety is planned, our nutrition is more or less planned, our clothing is planned..the weather however is not, so we will just deal. Will strap lights to our bikes and ride on...who knows the weather could be alright, that's the beauty of unpredictability :)

Optimism Rocks

No comments:

Post a Comment