Saturday, May 1, 2010

what it's all about...part 2

Honestly I don't really know how to being this post. On Friday I began a post that I had to cut short because I needed to get to work. I enjoyed writing that post because it gave me a good chance to think about all the things that have happened in the past year. One of the last things I was talking about was the first duathlon I did last year. All the distances were new and pretty much the longest I had ever done. Joe was the one who got me to go and re-introduced me into the world of endurance sports. For that I am extremely thankful. Thanks Joe. By the way, just this morning I was able to ride with Joe. It had been quite some time since we had the chance to ride together. I think maybe last November..it was nice to reconnect. Joe will be doing IMLP this year and I look forward to seeing him at training camp and the race. It is going to be a very special day when we all have the chance to race around Lake Placid in July. It's not a day of pain or just a race...it's a day of fun. A day to enjoy the fruits of our labor. I think the majority of triathletes train for races because they love to train. If they didn't then how would they ever get through the long hours on the trainer inside, or the long lonely runs outside and on the "dreadmill". So with that said, our day in the Sun in Lake Placid will be amazing. It will be the reward we've all worked for, I can't wait to share the day with my friends and family.

I really could go on and on about my experiences but it might get a little redundant and quite frankly i've forgotten some of the things I was thinking about on Friday morning. When inspiration strikes me again I will be sure to get the notes down.

So....It's about 4pm on Saturday afternoon. I have had quite a pleasant Saturday. Even though I got to bed a little later than usual last night (due to having a nice dinner at the BoneFish Grill with my bud Josh) I was up aroun 4:15. I headed back over to Josh's place around 5:45 to meet up with Josh and Joe for a nice little morning ride. On tap for me today was a nice easy ride. Since Josh just picked up a new tri bike and Joe was starting a 5hr ride, I was able to ride my tri bike, at a nice and easy pace. The two boys were riding a bit harder than my pace so I just let them string it out a bit and I hung back just spinning away in absolute bliss as the weather was absolutely amazing out. It was one of those rare spring mornings where you can walk outside in your shorts and a t shirt and be perfectly comfortable. It was really really great. If only every day started out like this.
As for right now I am back home at the Curbeau Realty HQ's in Penn Yan, NY. Unlike my apartment, my parents do in fact have cable television..and a big screen tv too! What does this mean? Well it means that Matthew gets to watch some tv with his legs kicked up while lounging on the couch. Its nice, very nice. What's even better is that the Versus Network is replaying a 1-day cycling classic that happened a couple weeks ago in Europe. I would tell you the name of the race but if I attempted to spell it I would butcher it so bad that it would not even be recognizable and you would probably be dumber for trying to read and understand it. So with that said, I'll just say that I now love watching cycling on tv, I can't wait to watch the tour this summer. It's gonna be really really awesome. Contador v Lance...round 2 - It's Like Rocky 2 where Lance is gonna come in all shredded after intense training and work Contador like Rocky took it to Apollo Creed. Oooooo, its gonna be fun, and I happen to know that for at least 4 straight days in July I will be planted on my butt preparing for a certain IM race, so watching the tour will be perfect timing. Yes!

Im off to a Kentucky Derby Party/Get Together right now at a friends of the parents. Should be a good time, its an annual thing and the food there is always awesome. Lots of shrimps and finger foods like that..very tasty! I have absolutely no idea who the good horses are but I am hoping I can pick a winner out based on their name. I need all the money I can get so I can save up for a SPEED CONCEPT, hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment