Sunday, May 2, 2010

If only everyday was Sunday

5.2.10

Ahhh.. It's Sunday, my day to train and live like a professional. I get to wake up whenever I want, work out when I want, and take naps if I want to. Today of course if a bit of an exception from the normal as it's the last day in my recovery week post last weeks 70.3. Thankfully the week wasn't a total practice in not exercising. I still was able to get to yoga on Thursday, ride my bike for about an hour and a half yesterday with some friends (very very easy pace, it was very enjoyable to just ride and to just enjoy the weather and the feeling of being on a bike...awesome!), and today I am going to get out on the roads and run. A bunch of my teammates were running at mendon ponds this morning and I had initially intended on joining them but some things came up. I'll briefly describe why I didn't run early this am because I think it's an important lesson for all triathletes and humans in general. I went home yesterday afternoon to be with my mom and dad. The lessened training volume allows for these things. With that said I still was able to ride for almost 2hrs and still drive 1 hr home and be there before 11am, that's the beauty of early mornings!  But anyway, going home gave me a chance to see the parents, go watch my 8yr old nephew play little league (first gave I've ever been able to make), go with my parents to a Kentucky derby party at a family friends house, and then watch a movie (the proposal, a nice movie..very light and had some funny parts) with my mom. Well the movie and hanging with my mom kept me up a little longer than normal. So my big executive decision was to sleep. In a little bit longer. The moral of this story becomes that I slept till 7am (this is considered sleeping in for me, the other option would have been to wake up at 5am and hustle to get bak to rochester to meet up with some of my friends who were running) well I got up and saw the parents and let em know I was heading out. I made a smoothie in the awesome blender they have (strawberry/banana/plain yogurt/and ice smoothie with about a 1/4 cup of honey bunches of oats for some crunch!   Tasty!)

Brb...teammates just showed up.

Well that was nice, Chris, Ken, Eddy, Mary & Luc all turned up at burgers this morning. Many of them post workout. It was nice to catch up with them all and enjoy a cup of coffee with our stories. I love these mornings. It's so cool to just get up around at your own pace, to find your own way into the days workout. I am really going to enjoy the heck out of my little run today.  I've decided that I am going to hit the canal path (as long as no rain) so that I can run amongst runners, walkers, and cyclists. And then Im thinking a nice visit to Towpath bike shop will be in order. After that...napping or book reading or something relaxing to get my mind in order before the work week begins on Monday. Thinking about Monday reminds me that I am going to be getting back to my masters swim group. I cant wait to see all the people that I haven't seen in a few months. Maybe some of their swimming prowess will rub off on me!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment