Saturday, May 22, 2010

What do College Kids and Triathletes have in common?

They are both at Tim Hortons at 4am on a Saturday morning.

I woke up at 3am today to get my pre-long ride meal (aka) pre race meal of a powerbar, protein shake, banana, and applesauce. After washing that down with some water and a spot of coffee I gathered up my goodies for the day and packed my car. I then headed towards Tim Hortons for a real cup of Joe to get me all amped up for the day. It's going to be a real fun day today, I have 6 hours of endurance based cycling planned today and I will be riding with 2 guys that our on my team. Although I know both guys (don and chris) I haven't had he opportunity to train with them yet so 6 hours of bonding should do us good. It's really great to get to know all my teammates in training situations. It makes for an enjoyable experience and it's going to mean that were all going to be good buddies when we head to our camp in Lake Placid next month, now that's going to be a hell of a time! I've booked. My time off from work and I absolutely can't wait fir 3 full days of complete triathlon immersion. It's not like I'm not already immersed in it but just the fact that it will literally be all that I am doing, with no other responsibilities will be fantastic!

Well then, time go get headed off to Mendon Ponds to find Don's house. Going to be great today.

By the way, if anyone wants to consider sponsoring me and helping me buy a new speed concept just let me know, they release today :). I'll tattoo whatever you want on my body, wherever u want as long as it can be hidden by work clothes. Hahaha....

No comments:

Post a Comment