Friday, May 28, 2010

Birthday Boy

It's my birthday today, I am 24 years old today...I can hardly believe it! This morning has to rank right up there with the best birthday morning ever as I took to the roads with my good buddy Josh for a 2 hour ride before he had to go into work. I however am fortunate in the fact that I was able to take yesterday and today off from work. This has afforded me a great 5 day break from work since Monday is a firm wide Holiday in observance of Memorial Day.

As for the rest of the day...I must say that I am have a pretty nice day lined up. The biking is now behind me, i know this is very sad but their are still many things ahead. After a nice breakfast at a local restaurant called the Char Broil (spinach and feta omelet with dry wheat toasts, very tasty) I set up camp at the 12 corners Starbucks (that's where I am at the moment). AS for the rest of the day I am planning on doing some pool running at Midtown Athletic Club at 11 and then packing up the super clean and detailed Subaru Outback (Thanks to Josh and his handyman HECTOR! The wagon is absolutely spotless...inside and out!)and setting off for Syracuse where I am going to meet up with my Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother in Law, and two nephews. We are all going to a really awesome restaurant called the Copper Top. We went their for my sister's birthday as well and I must say that I am very pleased my sister yet again made reservations there for a birthday celebration! The place is sweet, the food is delicious and the portions are huge. Just the way we Americans like it! I would have to say that the Copper Top is like a hometown Cheesecake Factory. It's more of a mom and pops place with better food and the same amount of choices, not saying that I dislike the Cheesecake factory or anything (I love the place)but this down home restaurant is just a little more "homey". Then after dinner I will most likely relax in my brother-in-laws home theater in the basement (looks like something from MTV's Cribs, not kidding..its amazing! I had the chance to ride my indoor trainer in their this winter and it was phenomenal). I will most likely fall asleep soon after entering the home theater and thus missing out on any movie that is playing, oh well...I will need the sleep because at 5AM tomorrow morning I am meeting up with none other than mr. CUSETRI himself as we are departing on a 6hr ride that will include multiple tempo efforts. I am looking forward to this as my body seems to be on the mend and I feel stronger each day, lets hope things continue this way!

I've got more things to write about but I just got word that the Midtown Pool is already open, so I am going to finish the days workouts and keeping rolling along.

Thank you to everyone who has wished me a happy birthday. There are so many media outlets like facebook, twitter, email, etc...that It would be impossible for me to individually thank each and everyone but I just want you all to know that it means a lot to me that you've remembered me on this day.

So thanks everybody! Have a great Friday and enjoy the holiday weekend ahead. I know I will! Family, Friends, Biking, Swimming, Blogging, Eating at cool restaurants...it doesn't get much better!

-TURBO CURBEAU...OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment