Friday, June 4, 2010

Open water swimming - 3 Loops Before 630am :)


I'm an early riser. I was up at 4am today to get down to canandaigua lake for a morning group swim at kershaw park. In reality I woke up around 1am to eat some food and I never really got back to sleep after that. I mostly laid in my bed in the most uncomfortable positions that I could come up with, I was not trying to do so it just seemed every pillow position was the wrong one..until about 315 am when i finally caught some good shuteye...then all of the sudden it was 4am And time to get up, what gives!

Anyways, I am now down at Tim hortons by canandaigua lake. It's 5am now. This is actually my second stop at a Tim hortons this morning. I actually stopped at the victor location to get my coffee so I could get that slowing through my system ASAP. So now I am just using their wireless Internet and bot buying anything. But i bought coffee and a muffin at the other spot this morning so i feel that my usage of their Internet Is justified. But I tell ya, I've got a confession go make. Idk what it is but sometimes the carb monster gets me and this morning was one of those times. When I got up at 1am and I was hungry I didn't turn to a glass of water or something to curb the feeling i instead made a bowl of instant oatmeal I had laying to around, the cinnamon roll kind...it just looked so tasty and put a scoop of protein in their as well and went to town on it, then I had a powerbar..oatmeal raisin style. It was just to tasty in my mind to not finish eating...then at tim hortons at like 415am I had a whole grain blueberry muffin with my coffee...what gives! Oh well, I guess its just a little head start to my mini carb load for the race this weekend. It's just an olympic distance so no need to go all out with the carbs but I will definitely top the tank off with a nice diner style breakfast tomorrow. As some of my teammates have mentioned they are gathering to eat at IHOP tomorrow morning, I was going to head basic home tonight but I may hold off and go to IHoP but I may also go home and have my big breakfast at a local breakfast place called the Wagner. It's a hometown restaurant that specializes in bfast. I've had many a good meal their with my buddies... But who knows where I will be tomorrow morning, only time will tell.

Well I wrote the above section before I swam this morning as I was sitting inside Tim Hortons, waiting for nature to take its course (don't you love how candid I am). So after getting to the lake and meeting up with some fellow teammates (Coach Mary was a little tardy, in fact I didn't even get to talk to her as I jumped in the water before she was in and when I came out everyone was gone!) Yeah so I swam 3 loops down at Kershaw this morning, I think most people only did 1 loop so I was on my own little vision quest, I intended on only doing 2 loops but after two loops I figured I'd just cool down and do maybe a 1/4 loop or something, well one thing led to another and I just felt very peaceful in the smooth as glass water so I kept chugging along. I did however get to see Mr. Eddie Fat Tire as I was exiting the water and he was entering. It appears he was a bit of a late riser as well..good to see him out there getting after it though! I also saw a fellow whom I had previously met a couple weeks ago while on a bike ride in the Bristol area. I think his first name is Peter...Peter W. I think, I apologize for not knowing exactly but I am kind of bad with names, some things stick in my head and some don't, please don't take offense. But yeah, he is getting ready to head out west and do the Coeur d'Alene Ironman so he's getting ramped up for the big boy this month. He seemed like a pretty good dude, I wish him luck at the race...judging by his nice Felt TT bike he looks like he knows what he is doing so I can tell he will smoke the course :)

1 comment:

  1. HA HA! The beauty of being in time out. I drove 50 miles to swim 30 min. WORTH IT!

    ReplyDelete