Monday, July 5, 2010

A Quickie

It's getting late (9:30) and I need to get to bed so I can wake up and be swimming by 5:30 tomorrow morning...so here's a little quickie.

Today was a weird day, idk how to explain it but I just felt like I was in a fog. I had a rough day on Sunday training-wise and I think that had something to do with it. Plus I just felt weird on my bike and couldn't quite explain it...I think my aero bars have shifted or something, I just don't feel the same way on the bike as I did before. Anyways, I will sort that out. It's probably me just being tired or something, but I will try and get it looked at it soon if it's still bugging me. That does remind me that I need to swing by Towpath Bike tomorrow and make sure my chain is all squared away, my ride was shifting a little rough for a bit today and I am not quite sure why. Maybe the deraiuller has shifted or something...thats another thing to get worked out this week. So other than me not being as comfortable on the bike as I would have liked the day was just weird because I felt like I had a million things to do when in reality I didn't. I lounged around this morning and watched the tour de france, which was quite interesting with all the crashes that occurred today. So I enjoyed that and then eventually rode my bike and stuff. I even helped my mom clean up the office a little bit, I had to pitch in and help around the house in some way! Then around 5:30 my wonderful mother and I headed to the lake where she jumped in the kayak and rowed beside me as I enjoyed a very pleasant 30 minute swim along the beautiful Keuka Lake Shorline. This was then followed by a wonderful dinner at The Keuka Restaurant in blossoming downtown Penn Yan.

I also want to add that I have revamped my nutritional plan as it has been quite atrocious of late. I spent some time today playing with excel (no joke) and putting together my meal plans for recovery days, AM Workout days, PM workouts days, Long Workout Days, Race Days, etc...this really helps me as I can see what I have laid out in front of me. If I do not do this I am a mess...and that's exactly what has happened lately. But now as we are just about 3 weeks out from IMLP I need to tighten this ship up and get reading to rock and roll. I have made it through day one eating as I should, yeah sure I had an extra dessert snack tonight (1 cup greek nf yogurt, 1 tbsp dark choc chips, 1 tbsp peanut butter chips) so I had two tonight instead of 1..but I did lack some calories this morning as I was consumed with the tour and didn't eat anything before I rode...so I think I made up for it. But anyways I didn't gorge on anything or eat something really really bad that will make my stomach hurt when I swim tomorrow morning so I am happy. I write this here because it gives me good motivation to stick to the plan. And stick to the plan I will!

Gotta get that shut eye..first day of work at the new job tomorrow! Nervous?..yes, a bit. Excited?...yes, very! I hope that my new adventure in the big world of being a grown up turns out to be an exciting and rewarding one. I'm sure it will as I will give it my all...night!

No comments:

Post a Comment