Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Time to get on the wagon...

My posting has been sparse lately, most likely correlating to how I have been feeling. (i.e. when I feel good, am well rested, etc.. I post a lot, when I am tired, cranky, scatter brained I do not post a lot). Along the same lines of Cusetri I can honestly say that during last week the training efforts that I have put in throughout 2010 so far really caught up to me. All throughout May I was a mess, my body was hurt and all I wanted to do was push through it and get better without sacrificing much needed volume. Well I did...I biked my butt off. I couldn't run so I didn't even try. In reality I probably should have taken time off from the bike but so be it. I may have made the recovery to running longer but any way you look at it I am here now and NOW I can run again. My legs and calves are sore, they feel like they felt when I began really running for the first time last fall. I guess thats what happens when you essentially take a month and a half off from any type of real running. None the less the run volume has increased and today will be another 1 hour run with some tempo in it (I ran for an hour yesterday too!). As long as the legs and everything are good to go after today I really won't have to worry about any tough run efforts up until race day in Placid...so fingers crossed people! But like I was saying last week was really rough on me. I ended up skipping a 2:30 bike that was scheduled last Wednesday because I was just too tired, too out of it, too swollen in the feet area...I am not sure why my feet decided to basically swell up but I think it was some sort of combination of dehydration, insane heat that occurred last week, and insane humidity. It basically happened last Tuesday night when after a long holiday weekend with some good training I went out to do a run at night..in the humidity...after having swam for an hours in the AM...and not being properly hydrated....none the less Wed morning I was a mess and I just couldn't do it. I pulled the plug on the workout and began trying to feel better for the weekend race in Geneva. I can honestly say that I felt "off" all the way until the swim start of the Sprint triathlon I did on Saturday morning. Something was just out of balance in my body. I wasn't "normal".

Anywho, I'm on my lunch break at the moment...enjoying a wonderful salad. I bought a can of garbanzo beans and dumped them on the salad today..wonderful addition! I also must confess that I cracked open a can of garbanzo's last night at like 11pm and ate the whole dang thing..those little guys are goood! Better than a late night snack of cookies and ice cream I guess.

The run this morning went really really well. I had an hour planned with the last 20 minutes being in my tempo zone. This is going to be my last run at "tempo" effort so I was hopeful that I would be able to cruise at this pace without any problems. To my suprise I was able to hit my goals and have a good last 20 minutes, it was actually really good in the sense that my pace was already quick at zone 2..so going into zone 3 brought my pace down below my half ironman pace of like 6:50-7:10. I'm pleased with that for today...but the run this morning is only half of my trianing plan today. Since I had both a 1hr run and 1hr bike scheduled I had to choose 1 to do in the morning and 1 at night because I needed to be in work by 7:30 today, but at least I will be out around 4:30-5:00 tonight which will make it easier to get the ride in and get to bed early enough that my 5:30am swim at Kershaw Park won't hurt to bad. And with that I will put out an open invitation to anyone who is man enough to get up early and swim that you make your way down to Canandaigua Lake with us and hit the water for a nice swim at 5:30 tomorrow morning. Are you Iron enough for that????

So that's it folks. Im at my new job and really liking it so far. The people seem to be awesome folks and genuinely concerned about making me feel comfortable and teaching me everything I need to know to suceed. They are focused on helping me find my way in the working world and they want to see me on a path where I will grow and develop my career. I look forward to what the future has to offer. And with that I will leave you all for today. I am going to finish this nice salad, do some more tax work, and then ride my bike tonight.

Until next time,

-Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment