Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Race Week - Day 2

Day 2 of IMLP is beginning early for me. Its a little after 4:30 AM for me and I am up and ready to go. I went to bed around 9:30 last night so I got a pretty decent nights rest. However, this will surely be my last early morning before the big day on Sunday. I have a lot of things to get done today but after that I am going on total rest and recovery mode. But before tonight comes I have to get my training in (a 1hr brick with 30 min run and 30 min bike, very slight tempo pickups thrown in the mix, go to work, drive to geneva to meet my mom, continue on to Syracuse to meet up with Corona. Once I get to Syracuse my vacation will be in full swing and I will be able to breathe a sigh of relief. I'll be able to let it soak all in. I am really looking forward to just hanging out with great friends in a beautiful place. It just so happens that a big race that we all have been training for all year is going to happen at the same time, what a coincidence! Ahh to just think what tomorrow and the rest of the week is going to feel like. Corona is going to be riding up with me to Placid tomorrow so I will have a buddy to talk to on the drive up. Usually its just me and my iPhone as I listen to whatever podcast I have decided to download, but human interaction will be a very welcome change. Once we make it up to Placid tomorrow will be able to beat the Ironman crowd and get settled in about day before the true craziness begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment