Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Atomic Bomb Eating Challenge




In the beginning we were full of hopes and dreams of accomplishing the feat and getting our names put up on the marquee..in the lights...but we were mistaken for the burger was LARGE..larger than we ever though possible....



I was going to do a nice little write up about this but my friend and fellow Eating Challange Contestant Travis Earley has beat me to the punch. Please refer to his blog --> Travis's Blog for the full details of the event along with many pictures that were taken by Travis's sister who was there for moral support.

I will just say that Travis's bro-in-law Dave was killing this challenge for about the first 20 minutes until he hit the infamous WALL, something like the wall that many people hit at mile 20 of the marathon. Dave ended up conceeding defeat to the burger challenge but only because the win was no longer in sight. I respect his decision as he has a wife and children, however as I do not I tried to bravely go where no man has gone before...beyond the 30 minute time limit. This picture says it all....



I was defeated...beaten down by the Atomic Bomb Challenge. I have always said I love eating challenges, but after attempting this I think it will be a long long time before I ever do something like this again..if ever. Although the Ben and Jerry's Vermonster does hold a special place in my heart due to my affinity for ice cream. However, that might be a team challenge..just for fun..someday..maybe...prolly not..ugh..I'm still a little full.

4 comments:

  1. LMAO!!! You look soooo full!!! ha ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beyond full Kristin...way beyond. I look like a chipmunk in every picture because I had about 1/4 pound of food in it at any point during the ~35 minutes I was trying to eat the darn thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know about you,but I still haven't had the massive BM that I thought I would this week. Eating 4+ lbs of food and not doing that is kinda tearing me up inside!

    ReplyDelete