Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Back to Reality

From Yesterday 11/10/10

Usually the first day back to work is a complete drag. The weather always seems to be gloomy on these days. However, this morning was different. The sun was out and shining bright and I was able to stop off at Starbucks for a quick cup of coffee on my way in. Maybe it was the holiday feel that Starbucks is putting out these days...but I just like it. The weather is getting colder out and its always nice to come into a warm coffee shop where people are smiling and the numerous conversations all blend into a constant hum..it makes me feel comfortable. Over the next couple of weeks I plan on hanging out at my favorite Starbucks before work, that is once I have caught up on my sleep. I have always enjoyed the vibe that I get from the shop in the early morning when the same familiar faces are always around. Even though I haven't been a regular morning coffee visitor in about 2 years I still see the same faces that greeted me on so many occasions when I was in the minds of studying for college finals and then for the CPA exam. I am really going to enjoy taking some time to relax, sip coffee, chat with people, and play on my computer. Mostly writing blog posts and looking at tri stuff that I don't really need but is still totally cool.

Today - 11/11/10




Remember everyone. It's Movember all month long. In support of prostate cancer I have donated my face. The mustache is still growing strong and seems to give me the old western look. I'm thinking along the lines of Doc Holliday or one of those guys.

Click here to go to my MoSpace where you can donate as little or as much as you would like.

I still am not sleeping in real late but some of that can be attributed to the fact that I went to bed at 7:45 last night. I went and had a massage after work, ate a couple bowls of cereal, and then decided that I really had nothing else to do but go to bed...and I wasn't about to start cleaning my apartment at that late hour. I think the actual reason why I have been able to go to bed so soon is that for some reason my computer won't hook up to the wireless internet connection in my apartment complex. My computer has no problems getting on the wifi anywhere else..JUST MY APARTMENT WHERE I LIVE. But I really do think its a blessing in disguise because the internet is what always keeps me up to late after work. I don't need to be surfing the web then..so in a way my malfunctioning technology is making me a better person. Plus I really do love coming to Starbucks early in the morning like today and just hanging..sipping coffee, posting a blog and chatting with the nice people. And hold the phone! As I am writing this post my good buddy Mike Mundy just showed up, ordered his coffee and oatmeal and began informing the whole store that I just finished the Ironman, hahah!!! Mike is a good dude who was introduced to me last year by my friend Josh. Mike has been running his butt off over the past year and is in really good shape...just look at what he is doing next weekend --> Tough Mudder This is a race that is not timed..its just go out and have at it with all your friends..the theme is teamwork where everyone helps each other but goes at it hard at the same time. It really seems like a fun day, if my body wasn't shut down at the moment that would be the exact kind of endurance thing I would be into. So long as I didn't hurt myself when running through the burning rings of fire..Yes! they have burning rings of fire, its crazy!

In other news I kicked off the post season this week by beginning to read a non-running or triathlon related book. Instead of my usual genre choice I have reverted to my scholastic love of history by picking up a new novel about George Washington, our countries first president...not the peanut dude. In case you were confused. Deep down I am a history nut, I loved the subject in school and was in fact Social Studies student of the year in 7th Grade when I was in Mrs. Mueller's History class. Everyone said she as a tough mean teacher but I thought she was a peach! Hahaha..we would write in our journals, we visited the Genesee Country Valley Musuem. The place was great! I would go there again in a second! If I remember correctly at the time we went it was in late May or early June and it was a magnificent day. In fact I think it was this day when me and my ex-girlfriend at the time, Allison Wager reconnected. And later the next fall (8th grade year) we got back together...it was around Modified Football Season, I must have impressed her with my wide receiver and kicking skills on the gridiron! :) Funny the things you remember. In fact I remember that the day we went on that field trip in 7th grade that she had just broken her ankle during a softball game and she had to walk around on crutches the whole day, and she was wearing a yellow coat..yes, it was yellow with a navy blue stripe. How about that for memory. It should also be stated that this was probably my last "courtship" as I have technically not had a "girlfriend" since...maybe I should go back to the Historical community and see if I have any more luck..maybe their will be a young history teacher who is searching a lover of history like myself! But that might be a long shot and many parents who are chaperoning the field trips might think it weird that a random 24 year old is wandering the Genesee Country Valley Museum during a school week..idk...

3 comments:

  1. I did a Tough Mudder earlier this year I am now training for the Spartan Race they are releasing one called the Super Spartan it is roughly 10 miles with 50 obstacles

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like history books, this is a great read....

    http://www.amazon.com/Battle-Cry-Freedom-Civil-War/dp/0345359429

    Nice 'stache, gunslinger!

    Jason Hand

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been awhile since you posted, just to let you know.

    ReplyDelete