Friday, November 5, 2010

Greetings from the Pan-Handle

Hi everybody!

Just in case your were wondering....the mustache is in full effect and seems to be growing just fine. If you look close enough at my face now you can actually tell that something is there...something strangely red colored, but its there. (My mom has red hair and strangely the only signs of her genetics that shows on me is in my beard...weird!)

So Panama City Beach is pretty legit. Its offseason here so all the cool shops and stuff are closed, and so is the dune buggy track, but that also means that everything is pretty wide open. Meaning all the restaurants are crowded, the beach is all MINE!, the ocean is all mine!, the rooms are $50 bucks a night...the rooms are $50 bucks a night...did I tell you how much my room was? Haha, it just makes it a ton more affordable than say IMLP. Its at the end of the season which is perfect for me since the summer and fall are the best times for me in terms of having time off from work. So yeah I am really liking it here..who knows maybe I will sign up on Sunday, we will just have to see!

I also have an amazing view of the ocean right from my 7th floor room, it really is quite nice and provides an amazing venue for watching sunsets. I think the best part of this whole trip is the vacation time I am going to have on Sunday and Monday...all day to just CHILL, sit on the beach and soak up the sun...with the real world as far out of my mind as possible!

Well, thats a little taste of what its like here. I had a HUGE breakfast and the waffle house, have been munching on pretzels and stuff this morning, am going to have subway for lunch, and then a light dinner around 3-4ish. In between lunch and dinner I will drop my bike off at transition. Then after dinner it's back to the hotel to plant myself in my bed, watch Toy Story 3, catch a nap, wait for the arrival of my parents, and then sleep as much as possible before a 3:30am wake up call.

Tomorrow is race day..I get to race on FLAT LAND all day..and race with a whole bunch of my friends who are down here. It's amazing that you can be so far from home yet know so many people, that's the beauty of this sport!

It's going to be a great day!!!

-Turbeau

3 comments:

  1. I spit some spit balls on your balcony from mine......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey it's not totally flat... there's a bridge at mile 12 and 100. I peed going down the bridge in both directions both times I raced IMFL. Add to my pee!

    ReplyDelete