Sunday, November 21, 2010

Last day of the Offseason, my last hurrah with pretzel m&m's

Good morning all. Today is the last official day of my offseason. The 2011 will begin tomorrow. It will begin very slowly, but at least it will be beginning. What does this mean? Well first off it means that its about 7am right now, I am eating pretzel m&m's and drinking coffee, and about to go paddle around on Keuka Lake in a kayak. The lake is like glass and the sun is just coming up. It looks to be a glorious morning. Maybe I will even be back in time to catch a walk with my mom. These types of days are few and far between so I need to take advantage of them while I can. Another thing about today is that its 7am. I've been up since about 5:30, for some reason my normal sleeping habits kick back into effect as soon as I have caught up on my lost sleep. Meaning that once I've made up for whatever sleep deficit that comes about from racing and traveling I return to my normal sleep pattern which is waking up between 4:30 - 5:00 each morning. It's not such a bad things because I really cherish the morning horus. They are my hours, most other people are still asleep so between 4:30-8:30 every morning I can do whatever I want without worrying about not being available. That sense of freedom is nice ecspecially when in the winter months work can become demanding and the hours last long into the evening. I at least always have a few sacred hours in the morning to myself..to my sport!

That's all I have for the moment. Its now 7:15 and I am going to head out onto the lake for a little while. I might be back on here later if an inspiring thought so chooses to cross my mind today.

2 comments: