Saturday, November 27, 2010

Turbeau's in the Wild West

Greeting All!

I hope you've awoken from your coma induced slumber by now, and if you were out bargain hunting this morning on Black Friday I hope your coupon induced craze paid off.

Today was a stellar day out here in Portland. No, the sun was not shining and it was not 80 degrees outside. BUT it was Portland and Portland is where my big bro and his family live. So all was well in Turbeau's world today. I got in yesterday evening around 5:30 ish and was greeted by my brother and nephew Winslows who came and got me at the airport. We quickly got back to his house and met up with his wife Meredith and some friends of theirs who were over for dinner...and dinner was just what I needed after a long day of flying with minimal legit meals. Just a couple apples and a granola bar with some nuts were about the only things I had...so taking down some turkey, sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts, creamed onions (better than they sound), pumpkin pie made with agave (no sugar), etc..it was good stuff and there were leftovers so the meals we had today were equally delicious. After dinner we mellowed out and all hit they hay pretty quickly, especially me. This morning my sister-in-law Meredith and I went to one of her favorite places to run which is an old fire road called the leif erikson trail. Its a really nice trail that climbs up the side of hill. It doesn't go straight up the hill or anything...instead it meanders back and forth in a long switchback format. It made for a really nice run. I was a bit outside my zones because of the elevation but I wasn't to concerned...it just felt good to be outside moving around. And for the first time since Nov 6th I started to feel like an athlete again.

When the running was done we headed back to the homestead, had some lunch, and chilled for a little while before we headed for the main adventure of the day which was a visit to the world famous Voodoo Donut shop. This place is for the lack of better words NUTS. Get this, the donuts come in a "box" which is "pink" and has the words "all the best things come in a pink box" get it??? get it?? your sick! hahaha

Anyways, this Voodoo donuts place is a freaking gold mine. They only except cash which means you know they are making out like gangbusters. I asked the lady working the counter how many donuts she thought she sold per day and she was thinking around 2K or so..thats a lot of donuts!! I mean the line was out the doors at 3:00 pm and my bro said it was like this pretty much every time they had ever been there. I ended up having one of their signature Bacon Maple Donuts..yep BACON! DELICIOUS BACON right on top of some maple glaze. It was pretty tasty I must say. They also had all other kinds of donuts, Marshall Matters (named after Rapper Eminem) which had M&M's on it, a Captain Crunch donut, a bubble gum donuts with an actual piece of bubble gum in it, and some other really really awesome concoctions. I will post up some pictures tomorrow when I pull them off my computer. You will all be impressed.

To cap off the day my brothers nice friends were kind enough to take me up to the Nike Employee store. My brothers friend Chris who has a couple kids the same ages as my brothers works at Nike as a product developer for Footwear and he is the President of the Bowerman Athletic Club...he's kind of a big deal! Anywho because he is who he is I was able to go inside the Nike store with a guest pass and get the chance to pick up some nike goods for 50% off! And this store had it all..all the newest releases, everything a normal Niketown would have..so basically I had my pick of the cream of the crop at half off. Naturally I picked up a couple pairs of shoes (Nikes Frees - Livestrong Edition and some Lunar Elite's)..sidenote: My brothers friend help create the Nike Free so if your wearing them right now..thank him!

Well its getting to be bed time and I have another full day of playing around here in Portland!

Talk to you all later.

-Turbeau

2 comments:

  1. Only you would think the "pink box" was funny!! Sick!! ha ha!! Hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving! Oh By the way I need some winter running clothes...can you pick them up for me since they are half price?!! OMG!

    ReplyDelete