Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Movember Everyone!

I've donated my face to Movember and the fight against cancer, pls give so it may grow: http://us.movember.com/mospace/855948/


Keep the donations coming and the stache will stay, no matter how funny I look!


Here is a blast from the past. A blog I posted just about 1 year ago :

As the month of November begins, let us take a moment to reflect on the beauty that is "Movember." I am extremely jealous of the people who can observe Movember. I did not take the opportunity in college to do this and I seriously regret it. If you are not familiar with Movember let me clue you in on what its all about. First of all check out the main Movember website http://ex.movember.com/. Basically Movember is a month to grow out a mustache and raise money for charity. How cool is that. I would be looked down upon at my job if I decided to do this at my level..I could probably get away with it since its for charity and everything but I just don't want to deal with the comments and everything from co-workers, it would be REALLY annoying..so I will hold off for now..but one of these years I am going to begin the tradition of Movember and rock my mustache for charity with some serious pride and who knows the mustache might just remain on me for good...I mean just look at some of the best mustache's their have ever been...these guys really knew how to rock them with style! As a note I must say that by no means am I advocating what these men did in their lives (i.e. Adolf) I am purely displaying various men who wore mustache's and wore them quite well...whether they looked hideous or extremely manly.

In no particular order..feel free to comment on their overall ranking or included ones that I missed because there are a ton and I just don't have the time to think of all of them:




1. Steve Prefontaine - It's been said that Pre's Mustache had aerodynamic qualities that allowed him to run at the speed he did. His stache also made a great place to hide a little snack so during his run he wouldn't even have to reach into his pocket for nutrition. Pre was certainly ahead of his time in many many ways!





2. Mark Spitz








3. Michael Phelps







4. Rollie Fingers - What can you say? Rollie's mustache is a piece of artwork. How intimidating of a pitched must he have been..I mean to stroll out to the mound, knowing you were rocking the coolest facial hair in the stadium..HUGE confidence booster IMO.






5. Tom Sellek - Can't knock it...




6. Hitler -Bad dude with a weird stache. He rocked it with confidence....even though he had issues.








7. Matthew McConaughey - Umm...McConaughey, he's buddies with Lance so that makes him cool in my book, even though he has a tendancy to not on t-shirts and never leave the beach...wait a minute, thats freaking awesome. And he lives out of a airstream trailer! I take back anything bad I ever said, the dudes living an awesome life and making big bucks doing it...im jealous! He should grow this stache back!










8. The Beetles - The Beetles were gods. Still today they take on the giant that is Apple, still demonstrating that they have the type of mojo that comes along with sporting a mustache.











9. Ron Burgandy - Burgandy had to be in here...how could you leave him out? A man that can tell a whole city to 4 letter word itself should definitely be wearing a mustache.





10. Mel Gibson - No Mel!! Absolutely NOT!




New Additions: Thanks to CJ

Bert Reynolds:



The Hulkster aka Thunderlips if your familiar with Rocky III, which I just happened to watch yesterday.



It's A me...Mario!

No comments:

Post a Comment