Saturday, February 6, 2010

My socks smell

I am sitting here in front of my computer at 4:30 at my apartment, not at the office. First time in a month i've had a saturday afternoon and night off of work. Much needed. The team and I headed out from the office around 3pm and on the way home I swung by the mall but nothing was appealing. Dick's didn't even have anything that struck my fancy. I guess when the only things that matter are biking, swimming, running, and food related..that narrows the tastes. Haha. Btw, I've ordered new bike shoes and they should be in on Thursday. European sizing so I might have to return due to sizing issues but thats ok, I figured i'd order them early in the season so that I could exchange them with ease well before I hit the open roads. I'll be sure to post some pics when they are ready. But in case your interested, they are DMT's, worn by Chris Lieto himself. They are technically not TRI related but they have velcro straps instead of the typical cycling latches so they look they will be pretty killer. I have really been looking forward to getting a new pair of bike shoes since my only pair right now are the first ones I ever bought. Although they are by no means low quality they are just not what I would get now. I put a lot of miles on the bike so I want a good quality set of shoes that will keep the feet feeling fresh and transfer max power to the pedals!

On another note, this morning I was able to get a good 3hr ride in. My cadence was high and my power was steady, I was pleased. I found myself at many times wishing the 3hrs would last longer. I am dead serious about that. Even though I am restriceted to being indorrs on a trainer it still is just awesome. I knew that when I got out of the saddle I would have to start getting ready to go to work. Shower, and all the stuff...I just really wished I had say 3 more hours, or...a nice long run to get to. But oh well, those days are ahead of me and I can't wait for them. Big things are coming!

So your probably wondering why I titled my blog "my socks smell". Well its because they do. I was wearing my 2xu recovery socks since I rode pretty long this morning and when I took my shoes off at home they just stunk! I guess its time to get them to the washer. As a matter of fact its time to get all my stuff to the washer and dryer. Hopefully I'll be able to get to my cuz's to get my bike gear all cleaned up, I don't think I have any more clean bibs or shorts anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment