Sunday, February 7, 2010

Superbowl Sunday

The Superbowl is going to be played tonight. In the past probably would have been real happy for the big game. However since I probably actually watched a cumulative of one full football game the whole season, which explains why I won 3 games in fantasy league the whole year. Needless to say I just do not have any investment in the NFL. Now that I think about it, the same thing can be said for last year. Last year had me studying studying day and night, so Sunday afternoons when I did not have to be at work were like bonus hours that I could just cram my brain with accounting facts. Last year on Superbowl Sunday I can vividly remember studying right through the big game and then checking the internet at about 2am after I finished studying to see who had won the game. No big deal though, I again had no real investment in the game. Anyway, as of right now the cable is not even hooked up in the apartment.

Instead of watching the game and feeding my face you will most likely find me at the Y getting some laps in. (I'll feed my face after that :) Not that I wouldn't love to head home and watch the big game with my Dad but it would just be really hard to head home after I get out of work today and then have to head back early in the morning on Monday. I need my sleep and with work being the way it is right now, any chances I have to train at reasonable hours and get enough recovery sleep...well I just need to take advantage of that. With that said, its a little after 4:30 and I am getting prepped to hit the bike for a 40 min recovery spin followed by a brisk 1:40 run outside. The treadmill is not even an option today since the gym does not open until 7AM. Not that I am complaining, the treadmill is well....not my favorite. Haha. On the bright side of all this I let myself have a nice big bowl of the new wheaties fuel cereal as a snack in the middle of the night as well as some nice powerbar energy bites with the breakfast i am having right now. I'll need good fuel for my workout this morning. Gotta get it in before 9. Then rest up for a nice swim in the PM. Hopefully the pool is pretty empty with everyone else home watching the football game.

Alright, time to fire up Season 1 of the Wire that I just obtained from co-worker. I've heard good things about this show and I'm sure it won't disappoint. Reviews to come for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment