Sunday, February 28, 2010

Goodbye February

March is almost upon us all. WOOOHOO. January and February make up the meat of winter in my books, so now that they have come and gone I am starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Brisk mornings with dry road and sun on the horizon are on my mind. I can't wait for the times that I will be in my car at 5am with coffee and a bagel in hand as I drive to meet my friends for a bike ride. It's going to be great.

Today has been a nice all around day. I stayed up last night to watch the Cuse take down Villanova so I ended up sleeping in until about 9 this morning which was nice for a change. Then I lounged around and watched some tv while I woke myself up and ate some good food that my parents had laying around. So nice to not have to rely on Wegmans for my meals...saved me a ton of money!

It was a bit of a struggle for me to take it easy today. Since I know that this upcoming week will be the last big push for the audit season I know that training hours will be far and few between. I am going to have over an hour commute each morning, and I will have to be at work at 8:30 which means I need to be on the road by 7:30. I told my coach I'd be able to do a little more training today, like getting on the bike or something but she reminded me that this week was designed to be a rest week! That's the beauty of having someone helping you find your way in this triathlon game. If I didn't have someone to remind me to rest I probably would have over done it and not recovered enough for whats ahead. Well in the end I abided by Coach's orders and did my 60 min run and called it a day. Now I am relaxing on the cough typing away while I watch team USA try and take down Canada. Canada is currently up 1 but hopefully the boys in blue can make a bit of a stand in the second period and make it interesting.

I am going to leave you know so I can put my feet up and maybe even close my eyes and see if I can catch a bit of a nap before I head back to Rochester. I need to get their early so I can get as much sleep as possible!

Oh yeah I cleaned my tri bike really good today. It's looks awesome! And in a couple weeks it will be getting a bit of a makeover as some paint chips are going to be taken care of. I won't get into how the chips got their but let's just say that I did not cause them...I weight about 148 and my father well he doesn't and he decided to hop on one day...needless to say the gears were not in the correct position and book..nothing bad was done just some chipping...it will be taken care of without a doubt!

OOhhh its getting close to race season boys and girls...I can hear Cuse Tri talking about his taper already. hahaha

Later,
MjC

Talk about rest
Talk about zen tri and contacting him
Cleaned my bike
Did some work..ugh
Ate some good food..
Took a lot of food and cleaning supplies from the parents place.

No comments:

Post a Comment