Thursday, April 22, 2010

En route

Dudes and dudettes,

I dunno what's going on but vie tried to post 2 more updates and both times when save the post it has failed to go through and I have lost all my thoughts. Since my thoughts are random and sporadic this means that I have forgotten many of the things that I have posted. However just like the old over review thing we all used to do in English class, or were supposed to do I know have the chance to try and remember what I wrote and condense it into a form that does not include fluff because frankly I don't feel like retyping the whole dang thing. Luckily the iPad is reeky easy ti type on so it's not that big of a deal. When I say easy I mean it to. Obviously there is a learning curve but I am becoming really proficient. I am trying with two hands and all my fingers just like a regular keyboard. It corrects some of words but many times it's because I spelled it wrong to begin with. Haha.

I think that the gist of my prior posts related to the fact that I was enjoying my time here at the JFK jet blue terminal 5. It's rally really nice. Clean, good stores to get healthy food although the prices are expensive so other than the 2 yogurts I bought (Greek yogurt of course) I have stuck to the food I packed prior to my journey which consisted if a homemade nut mix from the bulk nuts section of the pittsford wegmans, some honey nut and chocolate cheerios (i love cereal and try not to indulge to much but they are just a nice tasty snack, it's hen I get a gallon of milk and a box in front of me when the trouble begins. It's like it's not humanly possible for me to out the milk back until it and the cereal are gone. I mean I'm talking about pee wee Herman style cereal eating with the big big bowl and the huge spoon. Lol..peewee. What classic movies..what classic kids shows. I remember both vividly and I even had one the chairs "chairy" as a piece of furniture hen I was a kid. I must say that they were very creative when they named the chair "chairy". I mean seriously is that the best they could come up with? And is it just me or was their some weird guy in PeeWee's play house that was dressed like a king and gave advice to pee wee? If anyone can give me some info about this dude I will award you 500 turbo points which can be accumulated and cashed in for future prizes and goodies to be distributed by me. Or you can cash it in for a keuka lake bumper sticker that my dad and I made ( we have a trademarked company btw...its called RJ MJ enterprises. For those of you who are a bit slow...or who are not quite awake when reading this or who have started to nod off while reading this due to becoming bored with my stories..I can't blame you...it stands for my dad and i's initials. ( grammar question? Can you use the form of I as " i's" that just can't be grammatically correct.) but whatever. Where was I. Oh yeah...our company is going to be huge..just u wait! But seriously, if you can tell me more about the "king" without me having to google him I will award you 500 turbo points (TP's..not to be confused with the great software tool of Training Peaks..that was a shameless plug for them to sponsor me) or you can choose one of my rocking cool Keuka Lake stickers. Just email me your address at Matthew.curbeau@gmail.com. Or if you just want one contact me and we can set it up. So getting back to where I was before that peewee segment.

In my earlier post that didn't go through I was talking about how the Leadville 100 race is truly an amazing event. To all the competitors who have had the opportunity to toe the starting line of that event, I salute you. After watching "race across the sky" on my iPad in the airport (it was great on the iPad, I had burnt the DVD to my computer, after purchasing it online of course so that I could watch it on my trip. It was definitely worth the 30 bucks. I am going to have a great time rewatching that with my interested friends. i.e. Scott Likly, mike norton, Josh Gonsenhauser. Set the mandates guys, it's a must see, even if you've already seen iT. Personally I think wr should have a showing at the Towpath bike shop. We could bring dishes to pass and have a grand old time. Then we could go out and do some night riding or something on the mtn bikes.it'd be sweet.

Well the jist of my rambles was that I consider the Leadville 100 to now me a lifetime goal of mine, it is if you will something that has been added to my bucket list. I don't actually have a bucket list yet but when i create one it I'll surely be on their. Hmm..I think I'll create one during this trip, maybe while chilling on the beach, that'd be nice. Ok I'll finish this later the plane is boarding. Here's a tip that I learned while traveling a ton in Europe. No matter where you sit on the plane always wait until everyone ekes boards the plane, I mean why stand in a cramped line for like 20 minutes when you could easily sit outside in the concourse all spread out and still get on the plane in plenty of time with no hassle. Why hurry up to get stuck standing in a cramped place...be smart people!! Same goes for the way out of the plane. I find it funny when everyone races to get up when the plane comes to a halt even after the attendants have told them to sit tight until the door is opened. I advise you to all just sit and let everyone pass. Enjoy your seat and then get your bags and everything when their is nobody around to deck with your carryon bag. The plane isn't going to turn around and take off or anything. I promise you won't get locked in either. I write this as i sit on the floor typing away with no intention of getting up in the near future. However there are prolly well it looks like the whole passenger list standing up and going nowhere. Weird. Ok until next time. Peace!

1 comment:

  1. yoooooooooo!

    I hear you and Mary are at two differet airports right now!

    too funny.....just put the bke together and bike to the hotel...:)

    ReplyDelete