Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Let's Get This Party Started!

Gooooooooood morning everyone!

I am in the best "place" I have been in a really long time. It's a Wednesday morning and I am sitting in Starbucks, sipping on coffee and typing away on my iPad creating my blog post for the day. I have seriously missed having the time to devote to my blog over the past few months. Keeping a blog about what I am doing is something that really helps keep me in check and analyze what's going on in my life. It's really a good tool to reflect on the days past and the days to come.

So as I sit here at the 12 corners Starbucks I am just as happy as can be. I've seen 3 people I have not seen since about the first of the year. 2 of these people are ones that I have run and biked with in the past and I have missed the time to chat with them. With that said it was super nice to catch up with them, even if it was for only a couple minutes. (quick side note: the iPad is really easy to type with). Gettting back on track, being able to write a blog, see friends, think about my upcoming weekend...is just absolutey the best therapy in the world. I've been stressed out out from work over the past few months and it's really took it's tool on my "mental state". This little vacation that includes the opportunity to race in a super cool place that I have never been before is really the best medicine for me. I am going to love every last minute. Rain or shine I am going to have a BIG smile on my face! Along those lines I must say that I am truly a lucky boy to be going to my first big triathlon of my first real triathlon season. Why am I lucky? Good question. It just so happens that I have many answers for you.

1. My awesome coach and friend Mary Eggers (ironmomma.com) is coming too! What better way to start your triathlon career than going to your first race with your coach. It's really going to be great to have someone to talk to and get guidance from as race day approaches. I have so many things like bike set up, nutrition, when to sleep, etc that I need to get locked down and figured out that it will be super awesome to be able to just knock on a nearby hotel room door and ask a seasoned veteran. Maybe I can even pass off some of my own nervousness that I I'll get to her, I mean she won't have any so I'm sure she could take on a little. It might even help her with her pre-race ummm bathroom activities. Who needs applesauce when you have nerves? LoL applesauce is awesome, seriously get some natural applesauce and use before race day and you will see...

2. My fellow teammates Don and Kim are racing down too! We will have the full on team atmosphere as we gather for breakfasts on the days leading up to the race. I can't wait to be immersed in 24 hrs of triathlon for the next 5 1/2 days, its going to be fantastic. Currently Don has set up show in Texas since he swindled his family into taking their "Spring Break" to a place that just so happened to be having a 1/2 Ironman race that same weekend..Smart family man! So he has been down their enjoying the weather and preparing. Tomorrow I get to join him and his sweet bike that he showed to all of us once he got it put back together.

Well its about 11am right now and I'm back at my apartment eating my much delayed breakfast. The plan for the rest of the day is to hit up fleet feet and spend my 15 dollar gift certificate, ride my bike down to the bike shop (just an easy ride today, nothing crazy), do some shopping at Wegmans for some last minutes necessities, finish my packing and apartment cleaning, visiting Kenny the magic man for one last chiropractic therapy session, probably wegman's for a salmon dinner (I go to Wegman's way to much, I hope they will give me a job someday!), then chilling and relaxing while reading a book on my iPad before I hit the sack for a few hours. I'll begin my journey to Galveston tomorrow around 4am. The parents are dropping me off at the airport and I head to JFK at 6am, then onto Houston where I am slated to arrive around 2. Hopefully all goes well and Mary will be waiting for me with her rental car that she can get because she's old enough :) Then were off to the beach to play for the weekend! But I'll be posting a lot down there about my adventures in bike set up, race prep, etc. etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment