Sunday, April 18, 2010

Let the countdown begin

1 week from today I will be racing in Galveston, Texas. I've been waiting for this trip for quite some time and can't believe that it's almost here. In all honesty I am ecstatic about the fact that I am finally going to get some time away from work, and away from upstate new York. I was born with a travelers itch,, given to me by my mother and I have not been able to scratch that it since last March when I was in Hawaii. Kona to be precise. Hawaii was such a great time as I was able to spend it with all my family...sisters nephews, parents, brother in law, etc..plus I would have to say that the fact that we stayed in Kona is the very reason why I started up in this crazy world of triathlon. When i saw guys at the hotel rolling in their pimped out tri bikes to their rooms I just thought about how absolutey baller they were. These dudes were gonna go ride these rocket ships at speeds and for distances that I thought was only possible in a car...with some tyoe of engine in it. I never would have believed you if you said that in one year "matt you'll be able to ride a bike for 3 hours strait". I find that really funny now because just yesterday when I was riding with my friend Mike (cusetri.blogspot.com) we were saying how a 3 hr ride seems so short now. That the first 1.5 hours is like a warmup and the bang the whole 3 hours comes and and goes. Mind you we were chatting about this as we maintained an easy 20mph in the rain and wind. And to analyze that last sentence I want to stress the fact that it was a. Raining the whole ride b. Windy as all get out c. 6:45 am d. We were going "easy" at 20mph. If you told me that I would be doing any of these a year ago I would have laughed in your face and took off for the weight room or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment