Thursday, April 1, 2010

Plugging Along

I'm here...trying to recover my broken body. I ran a 15K race on Sunday which was very hilly. I maintained my desired pace but my left leg definitely paid the price. Rest and recovery were certainly in order...ended up being a good thing. Taking Mon-Wed off was the longest stretch of off days I have had since after the Musselman in July. I've started to see a Chiropractor who is doing some ART, a little massage therapy, icing/heating, and throwing some special tape on my leg...seems to be going well.

I was back in the pool today for a nice 30 min easy swim. The swim went good, a great way to start off the day and I even was able to swim next to my coach who showed up just as I dipped my feet into the pool..btw my legs were still all taped up with this special blue tape the doc gave me. This is the stuff that you have probably seen on the hot volleyball players in the Olympics, all over their shoulders and stuff. Its supposed to be waterproof so you can shower, swim, exercise...basically do whatever in it. However if you have hair on your legs it does not work to well...sooo that means its about time for the leg shaving event. Maybe tonight...maybe tomorrow...only time will tell!

After the pool I had enough time to get out for an hour ride on the bike before work. (I was at the pool at 5:15 and on the bike at 6:45) The ride was great...so nice to be out in the fresh air with the sun shining! I spun on down to Bushnell's Basin and back and it took me right on about 1 hr and 2 mins. I took it real nice and easy with a cadence in the high 90's most of the time. The best part was that I didn't feel any pain during the ride or after in the lower leg/knee region..hopefully the cleat adjustment to allow my foot to have a little more float will be just the thing to get me back on track for Texas...25 days until Race Day...nervous??Yeah since the day I signed up..haha Can't wait though, it's going to rock!

Back to tax returns for now. Glad I took the time to get this out to everyone..just been tough lately to find time.

No comments:

Post a Comment