Sunday, April 25, 2010

Race day

It's 4 am and I am stuffing down my last meal of human food. 1 banana, a scoop of way, jar of applesauce( you figure that one out) coffee, granola bar, and sports drink. If you consider that human food. After this it's triathlete food, powerbar, power gels, salt tabs and Gatorade.

I'm not really super nervous yet. It hasn't quite hit me. I'm sure it will when I get to the race site and see all the people. Everyone just looks so sarn legit around here. But like Mary and my friend mike have told me. Just stick to the plan. I've got a good plan from a great coach and I know that barring injury or crash that I can nail it. And I know that I can have a really fun time while doing that. I've got a new visor for the , race with a lime green logo to match my bike...good karma! And my race loan is literally written on my left arm, my bikes shoes, andy bib number. If nothing else these are a constant reminder that pace is king in 70.3 and up racing. My first attempt at this distance was the mussel man and that well was less than spectacular. 9min miles on the run will not happen again!

Alright gotta finish bfast and get dressed.

Thank you to everyone for all your support! It really means the world to me. I can't wait to cross that finish line and make you all proud...and then cheer in my teammates Don, Kim, and Mary. Then it's off to the rain forest cafe for dessert. And supposedly if I am coherent enough they might buy me a margarita...lol don't tell the parents. Shhhh :)

Thanks everyone. See you at the finish line. I am bib #67, go to athlete tracker at www.ironman.com to follow the race and watch the finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment