Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

I can't believe that its Christmas Eve already. As I sit here in the office today it is kind of hard to imagine that tomorrow I will be warm and cozy with my family, watching my nephews rip through their presents, seeing my grandparents who are making the trip with my Mom and Dad from Connecticut as I speak, and all together just relaxing.

This morning I went on my 50 minute run that turned into a 60 minute run because I decided to run up Cobbs Hill to the reservoir for kicks. It's a really cool place in Rochester that I only discovered last year (Even though I have lived near it for about the past 3 years). Anyway its a great quick climb up a big hill and then a nice large oval loop around the reservoir. At the top their is an amazing view of the city of Rochester. The downtown area in Rochester is nothing special and in my opinion it really is the pits! However, when I run up on top of Cobbs Hill in the early morning or at night, when the sky is dark...there is a really great view of all the downtown office buildings, as well as the bridge that crosses the Genesee River. This reminds me of another really nice place to run with a really nice view just around sunset. This place is right at the top of my list of great places to run in Rochester. It is located in Mendon Ponds near the beach parking lot. There is a large hill that is off to the left of the playground and parking lot if you are driving down to the beach. There is a little path that comes around from the back side of the hill furthest from the parking lot which crests with an amazing view of the lake. If you catch this at the right time the sunset is amazing. Their is usually an elderly gentleman smoking a big cigar in a lawn chair during the warmer months, so when in doubt just run to that guy...he's always there just taking it all in...Even though I disapprove of his smoking habit I do heartily agree with his choice of evening relaxation location. Instead of looking mindlessly into a computer screen, or a big screen TV this gentleman views nature...views the beauty that we so often take for granted. I have always thought that this run would be the perfect "date"...the only tough part is finding the girl who would think that going trail running would be the ideal "date". But hey I wouldn't be opposed to buying dinner after sunset..heck maybe a picnic would be appropriate...alright enough of my secrets I better keep them for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment