Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas...







A very Merry day indeed. Today was filled with a lot of fun with the family. I began my Christmas morning with a short trainer ride while watching National Lampoons Christmas Vacation in the theatre room of my sister's house. Once off the trainer I strolled upstairs to find the rest of my family beginning to make their way down stairs. The timing couldn't have been better, as my nephews ran down the stairs and into the living room the Christmas atmosphere couldn't have been in fuller force. Quite possibly the best present that I have ever seen awaited my 4 year old nephew who got what he asked Santa for…2 ventriloquist dolls (Charlie McCarthy and Mortimer Snerd) I mean these dolls are from a tv show that was on in the late 1940's. Only my little nephew Billy would find these guys out and actually ask Santa for them. Anyway…here is a picture of the two beauty's. I had the joy of getting to play with them and I must say it was quite a blast, some great home movies were made this morning. Not to be out done my 8 year old nephew was actually surprised when a Wii showed up under the tree. He did not know that it was coming so to see him actually surprised and overjoyed was pretty special. Later on in the evening while playing a game of Cranium my brothers from Oregon and Japan were able to contact us via iChat on the computer. Our family was brought together via the internet where the grandchildren were all able to show off their presents to each other. Even though we are all thousands of miles apart it was still pretty special to spend a few minutes talking to each other face to face.

As I write this my family and I are all camped out in the living room watching round 2 of family movies. My sister did an amazing job of digging out very old family home videos from the 1930's all the way to the 1980's and them all put on DVD's. It has been quite an experience to see my Mom, Grandparents, siblings…etc when they were just babies and then around my age..


No comments:

Post a Comment