Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Snowy Morning in Rochester

Well good morning everyone! It's 5am and I've got a half a cup of Starbucks Via in me and some instant soup made from a cup...yes, from a cup. The lack of food in my fridge is disturbing considering that I go to Wegmans like everyday. One note to add in regards to food is my newly discovered love for Spaghetti Squash. Spaghetti Squash is probably one of nature's best inventions, I used to think that the brussel sprout was the best vegetable on the planet but spaghetti squash is quickly moving up my vegetable "power list". I have devised an ingenious way to cook this delicious and nutritious food! I just cut it up using all my power and might because it is a very tough vege to cut into, then throw it in the best invention in the world (the microwaveable steam bag), heaven forbid I would have to use my oven for something. I add a bit of water to the bag, cook on high for about 7 minutes, let sit for a little bit and magically the stuff is ready to eat. When you clean out the squash it comes out just like spaghetti...throw some avocado, salsa, tofu, or whatever you feel like onto it and you have an amazing meal...and you can eat a boat load of this stuff...tons of fiber and low cal. So if your in the market for adding some vegetables to your diet give spaghetti squash a shot..its great!

Moving on to what's in store for me today. I have just realized that I left my trainer out in my car which is in my garage (so at least its protected from the elements). However this means I know have to trudge through the cold and SNOW, yes SNOW. I awoke at about 2:30 this morning to relieve myself and when I chanced upon my window I was quite amazed to see a white blanket covering the ground. I guess we should all consider ourselves lucky that its already December 8th and this is really the first time we've had any substantial snow accumulation. But still..all this snow just means that we have a few months of dark, cold, and snowy weather ahead of us. Lots of indoor spinning and I will probably have to actually use a treadmill once or twice. I avoid treadmills like the plague but if their is a blizzard outside or its sub zero out...I'm going to bite the bullet and run on the treadmill for the sake of my health. It's tough enough to try and stay healthy and injury free for a whole year, let alone trying to do that while training for some triathlons. But anyway, we will cross that bridge when the time comes, and I am sure I will post about it and you will hear my moaning and groaning.

This brings me to today, I have a very light 45 minute spin this morning as well as some FST (Functional Strength Training) which may get done tonight after work depending on if I get my butt out the door in the next few minutes to get my trainer out of the car or if I decide to spend more time writing this blog. Ok I just decided that I am going to go get my trainer, spin my bike, go to the gym for a bit, then go to work. I will finish this post later today (while at work) shh...don't tell anyone, haha don't worry it will most likely be during a short lunch break or something, I've actually got quite a bit of work to get done..

Catch you later.
-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment