Friday, December 11, 2009

No substitute for a good cup of VIA

First off..no other instant coffee compares to Starbucks Via. I learned an important lesson last night. Get to Starbucks before they close or else you will not be able to buy anything. So yeah, Starbucks was closing when I went last night to pick up some instant coffee. I went to Wegmans instead in the hopes of finding a suitable replacement. I ended up buying some nescafe instant coffee that came in the same kind of packaging as the VIA. I guess the stuff will suit the purpose of coffee in the morning, instant style but its just nowhere near the same as VIA. I dumped in two packets of the nescafe into a cup and all I got was a watered down hazelnut flavor. With VIA, all you need is one packet and it fills a whole cup of hot water with a rich coffee flavor. It's actually quite amazing what they have accomplished in these little packets when comparing them to their competitors. The price point is indeed a little tough to swallow with 12 packets of VIA costing almost $10 bucks and 20 packets of Nescafe a @$3.50...but when you think that 1 packet of VIA is like at least 2 packets of Nescafe...I guess that makes it a little more even.

Moving on, I am really excited that the weekend is almost upon us. This Sunday takes me to the much anticipated Team Train-This testing day at TRI Spot in Buffalo. While at TRI Spot the Train-This team will be individually testing on their computrainers and indoor pool. We will be getting our power readings and average heart rates during a 20 minute TT as well as getting some video footage of our swim stroke for analysis. I hear this TRI Spot place has quite the set up with many computrainers, an endless pool, many treadmills, a huge store, couches, tv's, etc. etc...basically a triathletes dream. I fully intend on spending the day there and soaking it all up. Just being around all different kinds of triathletes will make me better, who knows what kind of great tips and info I will get. Oh yeah!..we also will be trying on our fit kits for the 2010 Tri Kits that we will be rocking, Royal Blue and Green all the way! We will be racing in style! I really can't wait for the first race, its at the end of April which seems a bit far off but really its only about 4 months away, a lot closer than I am thinking. With all the tapering stuff that I will be attempting to do for the first time my training essentially consists of the remainder of December, January, February and March. Once April gets here it will be time to get down to business in prep for the 24th of April when I will be down in Texas taking on the Lonestar 70.3!!

No comments:

Post a Comment