Thursday, December 31, 2009

And I'm an Idiot

So basically I'm a big dummy. The main thing that happened to me today was that I lost my car key. More specifically, I lost my car remote opener. I lost this somewhere in the Mendon Ponds area during my run this morning. When I arrived back at my car after the run I was greeted to a fully locked car that had a nice big water bottle and banana sitting right on the seat. Thus, no food to eat...and since the phone was nestled comfortably in the center console, I had no way of calling for help. Luckily their were some high schoolers having a snow ball fight in the picnic area. After picking them off one by one with my cannon-like arm (just kidding)...I politely asked if I could use their phone and they obliged. Since my parents were in the area for my mom's doctor's appointment I called them since their cell phone number is the only one I know by heart. Every other number is very nicely programmed into my iPhone...which is my life-line...which was currently unobtainable unless I decided to start breaking some glass...and that would have just been messy. Instead I chose to dance the dance with hypothermia and see if I could fight it off. After calling my Dad and finding out he was in the Marketplace Mall area I told him to come to the Mendon Ponds Beach Parking lot..the same one that he has been to for two..count that TWO duathlons. Well he seemed extremely confused, he even uttered something about bushnell's basin and powder mills. This worried me, I corrected him and said it was in Mendon Ponds off of 64 or 65 depending on which way your coming from. Since this was not my own phone and the kids needed to leave I left it at that and hoped for the best. Since the bathrooms at the Park were open, and heated..to my surprise I decided to hang their for a while. After about 45 minutes as luck would have it help arrived in the form of my dad in a warm and toasty grand cherokee. I was extremely grateful for this and owe him a huge one! Any other day I think I would have either hoofed it back to my apartment or to a friends house about 4 miles away. However, since their is a race tomorrow I decided that the extra miles wouldn't be that smart to run...In the end it all worked out. Funny story though.

As for the rest of the day, I was able to go to lunch at Wegmans with my parents. After lunch we headed to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie starring Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law. Pretty good action flick, very enjoyable. I just have to laugh though because it leaves it EXTREMELY WIDE OPEN for a sequel...I mean basically the second film started at the end of this film. That Robert Downey Jr....he's just rolling in the dough, it seems like every movie he does has a sequel that comes right along with it. Smart man if you ask me....

Food Points 12/30/09
5..i did good

No comments:

Post a Comment