Friday, January 1, 2010

1 (Great) Day Down, 364 Amazing One's to Come!

Good by Zero's, Hello 10's. It's kind of weird when you think that 100 years ago it was the start of the 1910's. When I think of the 1910's I just think about how long ago that was, how different the world was, how the Red Sox were still a dominating force that would soon take on a slump that lasted the better part of a Century. Well today were are officially in the Twenty-ten's. When the generations to come look back on New Years day 2100...they might think wow...the 2010's...how different the world was back then...back when Great Grandpa Matt was roaming around. I wonder if people will still be riding bikes around or if we will have fully integrated into the Back to the Future Generation where hover boards are all the rage. I'd kill for a hover board like Marty McFly had. These are the things that run through my head on a daily basis. Strange, weird...maybe...but it seems normal to me :) Then again my normal is my own and no one else's, and its all the better that way.

Ahh, to wake up at 6am well rested and refreshed, gotta love it! I've got my Starbucks Via in my new traveler tumbler that I received from my mom, and I am watching the last few episodes Arrested Development, so my morning is going well. Oh yeah, by the way Happy New Year!

It's 8AM and I am sitting at Starbucks playing on my computer. Mostly at Xtranormal.com where you can create these little internet videos where you write the script. It's pretty funny. I'll try and post one that I have been messing around with. In the mean time here are a couple of funny triathlon ones. One of my favorite lines is in Race Report 2 where it is discussed in more length how the triathletes bike is so fast that Michael J Fox will need it in Back to the Future 4. So watch that one and listen for that line..its a good one!

Race Report 1
Race Report 2
Race Report 3

I also threw together a little one myself. This was a spur of the moment creation. In the future I hope to create more with new and improved dialogue's.
--> http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/5894557/

Onward to today's re-cap. Its almost 6pm and I am now located in Penn Yan, NY at my parents Office/Temp-home during the moving/building phase. I grew up in this Real Estate Office for the better part of my youth (until I was 13 years old), so it has a certain sentimental place in my heart. My mom has done a good job of sprucing the place up and it is actually quite cozy. My dirty laundry (mainly lycra and spandex) is being washed in the basement, I am sitting on comfy living room chair, and the wireless is flowing freely. There is even a little blow up air-bed in my old room upstairs...tonight might just resurrect some old time memories!

All in all the one main thought that has been going through my head today was, "One Day at a Time." I guess this is because it has been such a great day. A day which I will go into more detail shortly, that was absolutely amazing. Its one day down and three hundred and sixty four to go. I have every intention of having a great year. Last year was well...different I'd have to say. Don't get me wrong I had some serious High's...Family Trip to Kona, Passed the CPA exam, fell in love with Triathlon, met a whole bunch of new friends that I truly cherish. Wow, looking back at just that last sentence I am ashamed of myself. Last year wasn't just "different" it was freaking awesome. I guess the cloud of test taking really bogged me down. It really wasn't until June that I was able to free myself of the oppression. The tests were finally passed and the bike riding began. New friendships were created and a passion for cycling began. A new path of triathlon was forged. I jumped head first into this life and I love it...I love every freaking second of it! I could go on and on about this all and I probably will in the coming month as the busy season of an accountant will test my will to stay positive. However I am going to take it one day at a time. I had a great first day of the new year and I have every intention of having a great 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and so on. If I am able to stop myself every day and think about how I can make this day the best I will be all the better for it. Something I need to work on is remembering that there is always tomorrow. I wish/hope my fellow colleague's at work will feel this way as well. Sometimes I think that my co-workers strive to far. They push themselves beyond what's good for them. Yes, work is important and a good job is to be done, ALWAYS! However, performance will drop if motivation and happiness are lost. Their needs to be a sense of importance to a job to inspire hard and dedicated work. If work becomes an absolute hell that one must subject them to everyday, well what's the point. Their have been times when I have awoken and just felt crappy. Crappy about the day ahead. I absolutely hate this feeling and intend to work hard to not encounter this in the new year. I have way to much going for me. Their are races ahead of me, travel ahead of me, and most importantly there are friendships ahead of me. I can't wait to start taking these trips and going to race weekends. I can't get enough of them. It's going to be soooo fun to head to Texas in April! I will be making my way down their with new friends who are as psyched about the journey ahead as me. I am sure will return with many, many stories. And then their is the summer...the summer that will bring more races, more training camps, more race weekends. It's just great. I am going to sail through this busy season because I have a goal ahead of me, a goal that is in-sight. I apologize if this whole blog has been a self-motivating blurb but I guess it is helping me create a clear path to the future. Those who are around me will thank me for my better mood because of this, haha.

Oh yeah before I leave you all for the night. (I am going to head down to a local restaurant and have dinner with my Momma!) I just wanted to say how great it was to see all my new friends that I have made at the New Years Resolution Race this morning in Mendon Ponds. I know that personally I had an absolute blast running around the park. It felt effortless to me today. I attribute that feeling directly to the greatest coach I could have ever stumbled upon to begin what I hope will be a long and fruitful triathlon career (Thanks to Jay Hollister for pointing me in the right direction), Mary Eggers , her blog. It was pretty cool that for the last mile and a half I ran with a guy who I noticed was the first person who I ever talked to at my very first running race last April (or late March, I can't remember the exact date), Anyway he was the first guy I talked to at that 5K a while ago, he had on a Boston Marathon jacket that I thought was super cool, and yada yada..it was just cool. So there I am today running with him during the last part of the race, and we were running and a pretty good clip, it was really neat to be at "his level" or whatever you want to call it. So after the race I found him and told him I had remembered him from a run last year and blah blah...good guy! I also saw so many other people who have entered my life, a friend of my older brothers who now lives in Rochester and is always running (Joey), three amazing people that I have met through Masters Swimming class (Bruce, Dana, and Denise), a kid the same age as me who is constantly beating my brains in at these races (Phil), a bunch of fellow train-this teammates. How cool! I know truly feel that I am in "the community", when I go to races like these I always know someone, I always feel welcome...can't get any better than that! Plus, I now know where Don's house is in Mendon Ponds, so the next time I lock myself out of my car I can just high tail it over to his place instead of hoping luck is on my side and my parents are in Rochester and then waiting in the Men's bathroom to get out of the cold...HAHAHAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment