Saturday, January 23, 2010

1/23/2010...

The knot in my stomach has finally subsided. Today was a Saturday yet still I had to go into work this morning. Although this was not the ideal place I wanted to be I was there none the less. I put in some good time in the morning and was able to get out around 12:45. Prior to going into work at 8:30, I was able to get some good training miles under my belt. An hour on the trainer followed by a 40 min got me on the right track. It really was a nice morning, a bit crisp out but overall it was just pleasant. Not windy, no snow, clean streets. It really doesn't get any better than starting the day out with some great exercise. After work I headed directly to the Y for what was planned to be an hour swim. However after about 30 min and 1400 yards I had to call it quits. I had a SPLITTING headache and I was just straight bonking. This past week had finally caught up to me. The stress, lack of sleep, extended traveling and all while keeping on track with my training because I WANT TO..not because I have to. Anyway, I just needed to call it a day. So I headed home, drank a shake and took about a 1:15 nap. I woke up with my headache gone and feeling a bit refreshed. After getting myself in order I packed up my things and loaded the outback for the trip back to PY. I was really hoping that I would be able to get back to PY tonight as it would allow me to just relax, not think about work. Overall, just let me get my life in order. It's given me the chance to catch up on my blog, clean out and organize my bike and swim bags, shop at Wegman's, watch TV with my dad, wash my clothes, organize my workout clothes for the next day. Basically all the things that I usually find the time to do when I work regular hours but as this time of the year is so damn hectic I really need this time. I need a day off tomorrow for the sake of my mental and physical health. So there you have it, I am back in PY tonight feeling really relaxed. I have an hour run planned tomorrow and I think its going to be an absolutely glorious run. Not only because its going to be REALLY nice out(temps in the 40's expected)but because I am going to rested up and in a good mind set.

Well continuing my night of recovery and regrouping, I am going to finish this blog, update my trainingpeaks log with my training and eating from today, and possibly buy some triathlon cycling shoes. I have been searching for a pair that would suit my needs and I believe I have found just such a pair. Here is what I am looking at --> Mavic Helium Tri Shoes.

If anyone has any other suggestions on Tri shoes or any other piece of Triathlon apparel/gear/gadgets....I am all ears and would love to hear what you have to say.

2 comments:

  1. $350?!?!?

    they must be nice!....

    seriously, check out specialized shoe, a great option for around 150. I dont wear them, but have heard great things about them....

    http://www.trifuel.com/product/10584/overview

    ReplyDelete
  2. i ride sidi t2's. they're awesome. go to a shop and figure out what size you are in them, then order them online for half the price somewhere.

    http://planocycling.com/product/sidi-t2-triathlon-31525-1.htm

    ReplyDelete