Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wacky Wednesday

For me, there is nothing like waking up early and getting a head-start on the day ahead. Some people can wake up and be out the door in 5 minutes, I am just not one of those people. I like to prepare myself, to get my thoughts in order. Waking up early allows me to get a bunch of the little things done that make me feel a lot better about starting the rest of my day. When training in the morning, waking up early allows me to make some breakfast, drink some coffee, check the news, put the dishes in the dishwasher for once, and most importantly allows me to wake up!...before I get on the trainer, or head out on the roads to run, or head to the pool for a swim....and oh yeah, then go to work. I really do think that the early AM waking up process is essential to my training and overall mental well-being. I spend a lot of time training, so why not get the most out of every workout. Obviously you can't train at race level everyday but I still like to be 100% even when I'm training at say 80%...if that makes sense to you..it does to me!

Well here I am again, sitting at Starbucks. As I entered the coffee shop today I was happy to see that a fellow PwC employee was enjoying some time out of the office. It's always nice to see people from the office in their "natural" element. The corporate atmosphere can really drown out people's personality and its refreshing to be able to converse on a more "real" level. So we chatted for a while about our vacations, how work was going, what kind of jobs were coming up, movies that we had recently seen. And speaking of that, I am happy to say that I am going to be going to see Avatar at the IMAX theater tonight with my cousin. Since tomorrow is a complete rest day for me in terms of training (meaning I can sleep in until about 8am), I am going to the 7pm showing. I am very excited to see this movie because of the rave reviews in regards to the special effects..and to see it on the IMAX platform will be really awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment