Saturday, January 30, 2010

Words of Wisdom while on a Bike Trainer

Its been a good day. A day that started out at 4am and is quickly coming to and end as it is now nearing 7PM. Even though I had to work 9-5 I am still maintaining a positive attitude because good things are on the horizon! Plus I was able to spend three hours on the saddle before 8am. It took me two movies but the motivation was consistent and I was super stoked to stay strong on the pedals the entire time.

While I was on the bike I took action on an idea that I have been toying around with. I love to listen to podcasts so I thought that I would do something similar to that by recording myself and my thoughts on my iPhone recorder while I was on the bike, and like everyday stuff when I am about. Today I have about 3 minutes worth of 1 liners and random thoughts. We shall see what comes of this. Let me know what you think and maybe I will try to incorporate more of this and hey, why not a podcast someday! Or maybe if someone special has iChat we could hook the macs up and talk/watch each other while we ride. Now that would be pretty awesome!

Without further ado I bring to you,...Random Ramblings from a Tri Guy
(Occured while watching "The Flying Scotsman" and "Spirit of Marathon", both rented via iTunes)

"Life is about Journey's and what better journey than to test your physical limits because when it comes down to it as human beings our physical natures, its what were made up of, its not about the jobs that we do, its about us, the people we are and the people we live with. And internally we battle with ourselves. So what better than to test the limits of our physical and mental endurance"

"People love to talk about what they do and how they do it, whether that person is just running 1 mile for the first time or if they are getting ready for a marathon. People love the challenge, its something that they can hang their hat on. It gets them through the grind of work, the ups and downs of everyday life. It's a free high...minus the entry fee (I chuckled at this point, to myself, which is weird). So my question is, Is their a difference between COMPLETING and COMPETING?"

"I'm watching a great movie and their was just a comment made that was "Why do I run a marathon? I run it for the t-shirt"

"Don't say your not built to race a triathlon or run a marathon. Your just build to race/run it a certain way. Maybe thats the not the way that the fastest people run it, but its YOUR way and thats what matters."

"My new trainer kicks butt...yeeehooo" Yes I actually made this comment into my recorder. I just got a new fluid2 trainer last night and its very nice..and smooth...and quiet.

"Funny how when you get into an indoor bike ride, ecspecially when your on an indoor trainer by yourself watching a movie, listening to music, how hard the first 20-40 minutes are just hard to begin with and now im almost 2 hours into it, im in my power zone 2, which is my endurance zone where I can keep it here for a long time, you know the first hour it was hard to keep it in the high 80 cadence but nowit feels like I am hardly trying but I am still in the high 80's low 90's. I love this sport."

"Here's something that just popped into my head. When your running long distances or biking long distances, try to LOSE a few miles. Trick your body into thinking your only doing 20 or 22 miles instead of 26.2."

Well folks, that was it. A solid 3 minutes of mindless chit chat while on the trainer....

Time for some Hulu (Simpsons) and then getting to bed early.

-Night

No comments:

Post a Comment