Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Marathon of Life

Regardless of the journey that we have all taken this past week we are finally at the end of it, or at the beginning of a new one, however you want to look at it. And isn't that the beauty of life, everything can always be turned upside down and seen a different way. A bad situation to one person is a learning experience to another. All to many times I find myself worrying and stressing about something when really there is no need. Taking a moment to step back and see the big picture can calm nerves and clear minds. Along my life journey that I am on right now, I am in a career that constantly challenges my mental toughness. Whether this is good or bad really cannot be known yet, but either way I am developing skills that are not only industry applicable but skills that will prepare me to take on the future endeavors that I undertake. It seems to me that often the real meaning behind a task is not what it seems on the outside. For example, yes I am an auditor and I audit the financial records of companies. However, the real takeaway of this job is not to truly learn how to test a certain area within a Company but to learn about that company, about its people. People are in business to stay in business and if you aren't working to build and sustain relationships than you might as well kiss your contract with those people goodbye. This leads me to my personal dilemma. I am but small, very young fish in a big sea dominated by old fish. These old fish have been there a long time, they are set in their ways and have developed their own routines. Even though they have been through what I am going through, most of them either have forgotten or do not really care to remember because they have other things to worry about. I guess this leads me my original point that for me personally I need to remind myself that everyone goes through the same things, the same challenges. Its the people who can find ways to deal with them and turn the challenges into opportunities. So often in my own experience this is a hard task when your not really 100% on board with what your doing. None the less I am in a good place that has exponential opportunities if I am to seek them out. I am very close to a turn in the road. I still have many miles left in the marathon that is my life but I am about to hit a point where I will either pick up the pace or settle in for the long haul. My bet is that I will step it up and start churning those legs a bit faster. Time will tell. One thing I know for sure is that 2010 is going to be big year for me. Beyond work, I have so many great things happenings. It's going to be very, very interesting.



and whose to say that I can't reach my goals, no matter how Big they are.

1 comment: