Saturday, January 2, 2010

Dia Numero Dos

2 days used up, 363 available. This morning I awoke in the Curbeau Realty Real Estate Office for the first time since I was 12 years old. Even though I was sleeping on a small air mattress with the noise of a highway outside my window, I slept great. I think the comfort level of being in a cozy place with people you love makes all the difference. All week while I was at my apartment I was having a tough time sleeping even though I was doing a lot of activity during the day and should have been tired. Still something was off. Hopefully now I can keep the good vibes flowing as I am now back at my bachelor pad.

As for the rest of the day, I can honestly say that it was a very good one. My mom and I paid a visit to Dunkin Donuts around 8AM and had out coffee and chatted for a while. Then we headed back to the office where we caught up with my late rising father for breakfast. I had a piece of my left over salmon from the night before when my mom and I went to a local restaurant for dinner, pretty good breakfast! My dad and I then proceed to watch some old Rocky and Bullwinkle episodes on hulu since my dad is going through tv withdrawal because the office does not have cable. Although I believe he is working on getting a Direct TV connection which I hope will include Universal Sports Network so I can hook up my slingbox and watch Ironman events on cable tv. Once I got my things together and the laundry was all done I headed back to Rochester to hop on my bike for a 2hr trainer ride. On my way to Rochester I picked up a new canister of Gatorade Endurance drink mix. I figured since this will be the drink served at all the Ironman sponsored events that I should start training with it so I can "feed" off the course. I used it today and it tasted quite nice. Less intense than regular gatorade but it still has that familiar Gatorade taste that I have known since I was just a wee youngster. I alsp grabbed the Twilight movie at Blockbuster to give me something to watch while spinning away on the bike. As I just finished the first Twilight Saga book...(ok but not great) it at least kept my attention, nothing to write home about though, so thats why I'll stop talking about it now. After the bike I got all dressed for the outdoors to tackle a short 30 min run. Boy was it cold and nasty out. I looked like a creature out of a Star Wars movie with the ski mask and backlava and ski mask thingy with the nose hole...plus I had on yak tracks..I was just a walking robot looking thing. The bright side of this was that I was really warm...yet less mobile that usual and the amount of snow on the sidewalks/roads definitely made things slow going. However, this was a good thing I didn't need to go fast at all today. I just needed a nice easy run.

After the workouts I headed to Wegmans for my customary Salad Bar dinner...so freaking good.. (so much for that food challenge thingy where I said I would try to curb my Wegmans addiction, at least I can honestly say that this is a very healthy addiction)...Plus it was movie night and Alvin and the Chipmunks were on, so I settled in to eat my dinner and watch cartoons with the rest of the children...and their parents, haha. After that I headed over to Barnes and Noble and read some of the book "When the Game was Ours" which chronicles the careers of Larry Bird and Magic Johnson. The book was co-written by both of these men, as well as another author who i assume was the one who actually did all the writing. Anyway, it seems to be a good read. Im about 100 pages in an enjoying it very much, however I don't really feel the need to spend $30 bucks on the book so I am going to be content with reading it at Barnes and Noble. I frequent the store regularly and they have really comfy chairs, so I should be able to polish the book off in the next couple of weeks.

Thats about it for now. I am enjoying some nice apple slices and PB while watching Arrested Development - Season 2 before I hit the sack.

Tomorrow is the New Years Day SwimAthon at RIT. My masters group has like a 10,000 yard workout or something crazy planned...we shall see how far I make it tomorrow...at least I get to eat a big and hearty breakfast and lunch :) haha

Night all!

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment