Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Splishy Splashy Kind of Day

Day number three of twenty ten was a day that blessed me with lots of training! Today was my masters swim team's Annual New Years Day 10,000 yard workout. It was a pretty cool morning in the pool, lots of people showed up to practice and their was definitely an abundance of extra energy around the pool. 3 hours later I had swum over 8000 yards. It honestly felt like nothing...the time flew by sooo quickly. The big guns got their 10,000 yards in but I could not have been happier with my time in the pool. My fellow teammates even congratulated me on the 8,000 yards...it was super nice of them! It really is special when you feel a part of something.

The second part of my training today was less spectacular. An hour and ten minutes on the treadmill with a stomach ache the whole time is not to cool. I stopped for a few minutes to let my stomach settle and that seemed to help. Anywho, I finished what I started out to do...even the running on the treadmill is well..about as fun as a trip to the dentist.

To reward myself for a good week of training and a good Sunday in particular I enjoyed two slices of my favorite pizza from Great Northern Pizza (Cheeseless Veggie on Wheat with extra sauce...and boy were their a ton of veggies, and my absolute favorite Eggplant and Roasted Red Peppers on Wheat...soo good!) I was able to enjoy these slices with none other than my cuz Brian at his place as we watched "Forgetting Sarah Marshall". I think he was open to watch this during the afternoon since he was trying to "Forget the NY Giants".

So now its about 6:30 at night. My cuz and I are both sitting on his couch playing on our own respective computers...weird right? Haha but I wanted to get a blog post out there so I could get to sleep kinda early after watching the new Simpsons episode tonight. But before that I am going to continue to catch up on Arrested Development, it turns out that my cousin owns the entire collection...now I can watch all the episodes without commercials...cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment