Saturday, January 16, 2010

Long day

Time: 4:45
Date: 1/16/2010

Its pitch dark and below freezing outside but its bright and warm in my apartment. I'm up early on this Saturday in order to get a 2.5 hr trainer ride in. My work is forcing me to be in the office all day and coming home to a 2.5hr ride is not something I want on my mind all day while I am in the office, and for all I know I could be there well into the night and the thought of missing a workout on a weekend day...well that just sickens me. So, I am up. I've made my breakfast shake that consists of a scoop of protein, a banana, ice, water, and a tbsp of flax seeds which is complemented with a refreshing cup of Starbucks Instant VIA coffee, EXTRA BOLD this morning because I am feeling so BOLD today, and as a bonus since my ride is over 2hrs I am enjoying a tasty bagel!!! Mmmmmmm CARBS!

In order to commemorate my first "Longish" indoor ride of the year I have rented the movie "Hurt Locker" from iTunes. Its a little over 2 hours so it will get me most of the way through the workout. I think some music or arrested development will take me home over the last half an hour. This movie is being hailed as one of the top 3 movies of 2009, and I am very excited to see it since I missed it when it was out in the theaters this summer. Has anyone seen it yet? Opinions? I'll post my review tomorrow.

So, its been a long day. Up at 4:15 and at the office until 8 tonight. I'm wiped! Time to get some dinner in and get to bed. LONG RUN in the morning tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment