Tuesday, January 19, 2010

One step back...two steps forward

So works been rough these past 2 weeks, but I'm getting through it. Definitely have had a lot of changing of plans but I am dealing with it better now. I took the day off from training. This was pretty much a forced rest day because late in the day yesterday I found out I had to be in Syracuse another day for work. Which would have normally been fine with me since my family is here and I love being with them at their home, but since I had not planned on staying in Syracuse longer than Monday morning I just was not prepared. I had not brought any extra clothing, food, and most importantly my running shoes and bike. I like things structured and I like having my plans set ahead of time. So when stuff like this happens I freak for a while, its just my coping mechanism. Well eventually I got over it and decided to take a step back and try to salvage the situation. So after a long day of work yesterday I took today off of training, slept in a little later and made my way through the work day. Once again, late in the afternoon I was informed that I was going to need to stay in Syracuse for another day. I handled it better this time. I still am going to have to wear the same pants to work tomorrow and hopefully bum a polo off my brother in law. Regardless I am going to make it through. I'm even going to take the opportunity and swim with Cusetri at the local Y since I am now officially a YMCA member at the Pittsford branch.

I am making the best of the situation and trying hard to keep a good positive attitude. I try my best but sometimes the world just seems like its all coming down on you. Its not though its just testing your will power, seeing if you can roll with the punches. Luckily I have a good support system around me who got me through the tough times. Deep down I know that I can make it through anything but when in the heat of the action its tough to remember that and the people around you can really make a world of difference. So thanks.

Well it looks like my work is done today so I am going to take advantage of that and get some sleep...after I finish these tasty brussel sprouts I purchased at Wegmans..mmmm mmmm good!

-G'night

No comments:

Post a Comment