Monday, November 16, 2009

I've seen the Light

I was driving home from work today listening to a podcast when I heard what was one of the most profound things. It was a four word sentence that has truly hit home with me. "Every Moment In Practice" that was it..simple and to the point. The depth of this Zen based phrase is deeper than the deepest ocean times 2. I can't stop thinking about it now. I am sure I will be writing about this for days, weeks, months, and years to come...its just such an amazing concept.

I am not thinking about any races in 2010, all the work busy season in accounting brings...I'm thinking about how am I going to eat a great meal right now, how will I clean my bike thats in front of me, how am I going to figure out this accounting problem you just gave me...I'M GOING TO LIVE IN THE NOW..I'm going to take a step back and go around the anxiety, go around the stress and get right to the root of the situation. I am going to Practice in Moments because every moment I have is another chance I have to become a better person. I will break my life into moments. Moments that will collectively build and build and build...Every Moment in Practice....this is my mantra, this is what I want to attain. Its really an easy concept but it will be harder than climbing mount everest (twice, with no oxygen and only 2 snickers bars) to achieve.

Every Moment in Practice......

Live your diet..become your diet...meal by meal
Run your race...become your race...step by step
So start out small...live moment by moment...big things will happen...better yet..big things will become you and you'll hardly even know it. Because a zen masters ultimate dream is for their to be no such thing as Zen.

No comments:

Post a Comment