Sunday, November 15, 2009

ZASKAR - FASTKAR

Today is going to be GREAT! First thing this morning at 7am I am going to meet up with a bunch of guys to do some road riding. I am looking forward to seeing this group because they were my inagural sunday roadie group this summer. I rode with them for probably about 6 sunday this summer but once the fall got here the end of the season races I had took over all my sundays and then all of october and so far this month I've just been so busy on Sundays with my other training that I just have not been able to get out with them. However, yesterday was a nice training ride on the tri bike with some speedwork that raised my HR for a few intervals..followed by a 30 min run off the bike. Overall I rode for 1:45 yesterday and a good clip so this mornings road ride will be a nice endurance ride of about an hour...BUT thats not it! As soon as I get off the road I am going to head to Bristol Mountain- and Ontario Park more specifically to ride Mtn Bikes again! Once again my buddy Scott has graciously invited me to the group, along with another new buddy of mine JB. I guess I will kinda of earn the invite this week since we are going to be doing work on the trails before we ride. This will be cool, I will get to see the trails I am going to ride and help out with everyone..and start to meet some new people that are in the mtn bike scene. The more connections I can make the better! Who knows who wants to offer me a job! haha. So after we work on the trails till 11, then were gonna start rolling around the paths. And this week I get to rock and roll on my newly acquired GT Zaskar...YES 1996 STYLE BABY! This bike freaking rocks! It's got so much biker cool on it that its just insane. I was so lucky to be able to swap a pair of skis I don't use to a great guy named Mike who has another kick ass Mtn Bike and as such this Zaskar was just laying around...CHECK IT OUT!

It's got Chris King hub's which I am told are awesome...and I do concur because when your ride and the wheels spin forward it makes this clicking or whizzing sound...however you want to imagine it..its a sound and its freaking cool. When you show up with a rig set up with CK hubs...they know your a biker guy...I may not be a biker guy yet but I will at least look like one when I show up with a sick retro GT Zaskar running updated wheels and a carbon handlebar, plus Chris King hubs....SICK!

1 comment:

  1. dude! its offseason now till jan 2. get fat, get drunk, and have some fun doing other stuff. suggestions: rock climbing, XC skiing, regular skiing (easy on the bumps), snow shoeing, hockey, etc. personally, i'm a huge climber and find that its awesome for flexibility, but most importantly develops some sick leg strength.

    ReplyDelete