Tuesday, October 20, 2009

10.21.09

Ya know whats stinky...when the company internet decides that its had enough with you being on your blog and decides to block the website just as I was about to post...GRRRRR........

but.....as Mase said, "Breath, Stretch, Shake..let it out"...

As I was driving home from another Yoga class last night I did two things that I find funny. I stopped at Wegmans, this meaning that I couldn't make it a whole day without going there and I stopped at Starbucks at 9:30pm in order to make sure I had some VIA instant coffee for the morning (god forbid I try to brew my own..but when I wake up nothing around me is open except a gas station with crappy coffee and thats definitely not gonna happen!) So in both cases I think I am an addict..as I walked out of the Starbucks after about a 10 second transaction to purchase the VIA I felt like I had just got my quick fix and all was good once again...just thought that was amusing.

Yesterday work was again pretty hectic, a lot of wrap up work that had to be done ASAP. Today should be a little bit calmer, hopefully allowing me to catch up on all the admin stuff that has had to be pushed off in recent weeks. One day at a time..I've got a lot of rough weeks coming up in the next month, but on the bright side its looking like during the Christmas time the Firm is extending our holiday break a bit longer than usual, which is nice if your into that kinda thing. This means a couple things for me..I need to find something to with my days off..this is not hard at all its just I want to find the right things to do! Ideally I would love to head South and be able to bike and run in warm weather. I have a good friend in Virginia Beach whom I am hoping is around during that time period...he has yet to follow my blog so I'll leave his name out until he does. I will pose the question to one of my best buds WHO IS FOLLOWING..Mr. Jeff Hohman, where are you going to be during Christmas and the week before and after? and I'll even ask my good buddy CJ who is in Boston..yes the North East in December..but still we could tear up the streets of Boston in the snow. So I have many options, hopefully something fun works out.

Update: Went for a little ride this morning. Very cloudy but it was about 60 degrees and no wind, i'll take that any day. I have a dentist appointment at 2:15 today so hopefully the weather will still be good so I can get back out and tool around on the road bike for a while. You know stop by the bike shop and be a bum...CAN'T WAIT

CJ- this if for you, Read Chi Running by Danny Dreyer..if you haven't already.

Tip of the Day: Call your parents and chat for a little while them, they'll love it..or at least they should!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the suggestion - will definately pick it up - as for christmas - the week before i have work - not much time off - and the week after tentitively i am planning on sailing on Noras boat in the USVI where her parents will be - i cant wait - i hope i can make it happen - its tough to get the last week of the year off but who knows - by the way i gave susi the link and told him to join but who knows - i will stay on him though

    ReplyDelete
  2. as it stands right now, i'm in scottsdale over christmas, and may stay over new year's. my family is coming the week of christmas, but if i stay later, get your bike on a plane and let's do it. endless roads out there. seriously, endless.

    and to one up the brick session. we can do what i was doing last year. a 2 hour ride followed by running to pinnacle peak, running the trail up out and back and then running home.
    cajones required.

    ReplyDelete