Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday Funday

Good Morning everyone! (All 5 of you)

I'd usually sleep until about 6:30 on Sunday and then get to masters at 8, but today I am going for my run at 6:30 on the dot with a couple friends today. Then heading right over to masters swim class after. Early start to my Sunday but I'll be able to fall sleep early so tonight, so its all good.

A quick note about the Championships yesterday. My boy Crowie and also my pick to repeat did indeed run an amazing race and took 1st again! Congrats to him. And Ms Wellington was dominating again taking 1st in the women's race. She was passing professional male athletes at the end..absolutely amazing! Always smiling, Captain America, Andy Potts placed in the top 10 after crashing badly in Chicago this summer. This hampered his training schedule but he still managed to get out of the water 1st and run down a ton of people in the marathon.


So I guess 4:30 is now the time for friends to catch up..its pretty funny that my good buddy John Huetter, who I talked about earlier this week (http://johnhuetter.blogspot.com/), is just getting home from his job in NYC right now. I literally just got a text from him saying "you realize when you get up in the morning, half the time I'm just getting home. For instance, now." Two different people doing what they love. I actually think that's pretty awesome, just wish their were more hours in the day..or that work week could be cut to 4 days...that would be the life!

I didn't really have a plan on what to write about today soo I'll just babble for a second. As I sit here having mild writers blog I just got a little shot of inspiration. This is in regards to a team that I have recently been accepted onto(or you could even call it "community"). The team I am referring to is Team "Train This", SEE BLOG AT http://train-this.blogspot.com/. Even though I haven't met most of the people I feel like I am already friends with many of them. Constantly there are emails going around...topics range from people letting everyone know how their training/racing is going, who will win the championships, whats the best food to fuel workouts, etc....I just wanted to take a second and say how happy I am that I have been welcomed onto the team. Its kinda tough being 23 years old who lives alone to get the motivation to train everyday and whatnot. I'm a pretty motivated person, or so I think and I can tell you there are definitely days where Id rather sleep in. However now that I have an awesome coach who takes the time to create workouts for me, answer my insane emails..(i ask frequent questions), and is even going to be teaching me yoga, I have AN EXTREME MOTIVATION TO PROVE MYSELF,..more about my yoga progression in blogs to follow..I'm looking forward to become a true "yogi"..and I guess you just don't "do" yoga..you "study" it! Overall, I am just really happy that I have found a group of people who are into the same things as myself. I think that so often people get de-railed from their dreams or aspirations because they don't put themselves in the right positions. To often people will settle for the easiest route. I can attest that when I was a little younger that this was one of my mindsets..."be like the rest of them" or "do what they do and you'll be accepted". I just gotta say that this will not make you happy, you will only end up doing things you don't want to do and feel crappy about out. Instead..do what YOU want to do! If you do this you will naturally come upon people who are into the same thing. In the end this makes everybody happy. So yeah Im babbling today but I'm just glad to be on a "team", thanks for including me Mary and thanks everyone else for welcoming me in, I can't wait to train and race with everyone! Being a part of something is a really cool feeling, everyone should be on a "team" or at the least create something where your ACCOUNTABLE. Start a blog where you have to post everyday...maybe it will be tough at the start but im betting that as the days go on it will get easier...start running 3 miles in the morning..soon enough you'll be itching to do a marathon...maybe that can be best summed up as what I've been telling my dad lately. FYI my Dad loves to do what I do, have what I have, as evidenced by the fact he took over my former car just this past week. Anyways hes an awesome guy who has given me everything I could have ever wanted. So naturally...he wanted to ride a bike too..he's always had many bikes but he has never really "rode"..so since I got a new road bike last month he inherited my old road bike. It's all "old-guyed" out with a big seat, higher bars, mirror, flat pedals..etc...BUT THE MAIN THING IS..he's ridding that damn thing and loving it. He is starting to feel the energy you get from exercising...really exercising not just walking to the green from the golf cart. (Any person that tells you they are getting their exercise from golfing is full of BS..unless your sprinting from shot to shot..which I wouldn't put past tiger woods during training.) SO WHAT DO I TELL MY DAD? I tell him just do what you can..just at least get on the bike and see where it takes you. The best thing for someone like that, at least in my opinion is consistency. If you at least get on your bike and ride a daily 2 miles..soon that will be 5...then 10...then 15...then you fall in love with it if you have not already. After that who knows....just keep getting on the saddle. I really hope he sticks with it, I want to be able to ride with him during the holidays and weekends when I can!

Alright...thanks for stopping by everyone. I'm off to run, swim, take a nap, and then hit the weights later this afternoon. It's going to be a great day!

Tip of the day: You can't reach all the spots on your back with your own hand..(unless your like a circus freak)because its made to be patted by someone else. (so true)

-This reminds me..do yourself a favor and read the book "How To Win Friends and Influence People" its a classic and one that everyone should carve out time for.

4 comments:

  1. My korean roomate got me that book as a going away present. Best book ive ever read. Like the blog man, gives me something to read during my deployment. Keep up the hard work man, PT and water, all anyone ever needs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man this one made me cry. You will be punished this week for that! HA HA HA HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. chisom - glad to hear that dude! The books chalk full of great stuff. Stuff most people know but never really think about or apply in their life. Hope all is well abroad! PT and H20..i like that...i might throw some powerbar endurance in their for a little kick, haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. everythings good here, ill be home around december. If your around py for xmas, well have to grab a beer

    ReplyDelete