Friday, October 16, 2009

Its Friday...It's Finally Here, Placid Here I Come!

Good Morning Everyone!

I've been up since about 3 this morning prepping my bike and packing everything up for the trip to Lake Placid today. You may ask Matt, why the hell are you up so early? I'd answer, because I've slept like a bizzillion hours these week bc I got sick and I just can't stay in my bed staring at my alarm clock and longer, plus there is a ton of stuff I can read and catch up on. You may also be asking youself, "Matt, Why are you so damn excited about going to Lake Placid?" Well, to that I say because its sweet, and I get to ride my bike all weekend in a BEAUTIFUL place, which just so happens to have a little event in July that I'll be partaking in...AND GET THIS..I don't have to be a public accountant today! I will not have to answer any business emails or do any number crunching! It's been a long last month and a half and I am thrilled to have a day off....SO THAT'S WHY I AM HAPPY ABOUT TODAY!...and oh yeah as I sit here drinking my Starbucks VIA..maybe they will sponsor me someday! I think to myself that tomorrow morning I won't have to! I'll be sitting in the Lake Placid Starbucks a little later in the morning, no need to get up at 4:30 tomorrow unless I can't sleep, since I have 1 objective and that's to ride my bike and run..and I want to do this at the warmest time of the day, needless to say that's not going to be at 5AM...so tomorrow morning I'll have some fresh buck's by my side. I plan on typing away at my blog while I sit nestled in a cozy chair looking out at the sleepy town coming to life...I cannot wait!

I jotted some things down yesterday in my handy dandy moleskin notebook that I am not to be found without about my past week. It was pretty stressful. I got sick and work really stressed me out. However, its never as bad as it seems and I got through it alright. But reflecting on it last night I thought about yesterday in particular. I really kicked butt yesterday. I was finally feeling better and I got stuff done. Like Kramer says I was TCB'n all day long. Anyways it was a good day, all before 7:45am I was able to go to the gym and do some light lifting, get my car photo inspected (why? I don't really understand but when you get an email and phone call from your insurance company saying you need to do this by 10/14/09 and it was 10/15/09 at this point, or else your car will be un-insured and you are liable for anything that happens...well you just kinda have to get it done..and the man at Brighton Collision was nice enough to do this for me at the crack of dawn..well at least the crack of dawn for him. Then I had to go to CVS to pick up a prescription, and in between this I made it to Wegman's to pick up some food for the day since I had to be out at a Client's site working on their Consolidation for Q3 all day. And I did work hard all day..I got a lot of stuff done and was actually able to understand most of what I was doing..this made me unbelievable happy and made the day go by a lot quicker than normal. It really does make all the difference in the world when your actually engaged in the stuff your doing.

You are probably sitting there reading this intently and thinking Matt..you should reward yourself for conquering such a long and difficult week filled with sickness, stress, turmoil, and self questioning....TO THAT I SAY HIZZZZAHHH!! (That's for your CJ, I hope your reading this or that quote just meant nothing, lol...insert Arrested Development reference here for those who don't get it) I did reward myself. Did I really deserve it? Nah prolly not but one can only stare at something so long on the internet, and since all I do is work on a computer all day...well the Oakley website draws me in. I customized some cool shades recently and I finally decided to pull the trigger. They should be coming in 10-15 business days, and you can definitely expect pictures when they get here....yey! I'm such a materialist person...but I am getting better, I have recently been liquidating all the crap around my APT that I don't need and never will use..whether this is by donating clothing to the needy since I'll never wear it (might as well deck out some needy peeps in A&F clothing I wore in high school), or selling stuff on Craig's List, which is probably the best thing every! No fee's, local buyers pick up there own stuff so no shipping, and its always CASH..which is king as we all know, or at least now you do! So I am learning how to buy only the things that truly apply to my lifestyle..unfortunately I have decided to throw myself into a sport called Triathlon where people buy the newest and coolest on a regular basis. Thus this is a difficult battle for me..I'll just keep paying the bills and always hope theirs enough to cover. I can't say that I am really in a savings mode..I'll throw some cash in the savings account but usually it comes out after a while when I want something..like say a new bike...but whatever I'm young and I want to do the things I love..I have a 401k at work that takes money from me every paycheck without me knowing and I have some money coming back to me in taxes..and I have some great parents who will support me if I ever decide bankruptcy is my thing (JK!...well hopefully, hahaha) but seriously I'm not in trouble or anything and I do have some savings..just in case (I mean common I AM AN ACCOUNTANT...be that a very unusual one..but I still have a little bit of money smarts in me..not a lot, but some :)

So if anyone is still reading this..THANK YOU YOUR AWESOME AND NEXT TIME YOU SEE ME I WILL BUY U A CUP OF COFFEE you can hold me to that!

And I just wanted to throw one more shout out to my parents! They are the ABSOLUTE BEST! I mean who else would say "Matt, we want to go on a weekend trip like we used to do when you were in school" FYI..every Columbus Day we would go on a trip, usually to the NorthEasterly Region and enjoy a weekend getaway..just the three of us...IT WAS GREAT, loved every minute of those days. So when they wanted to that again and were gracious enough to get the hotel and everything..WELL COUNT ME IN! So off we are tomorrow back to Lake Placid..I think the last time we were there was when I was about 12..we saw the Harlem Globetrotters Play and I got to skate on the rink. I am really looking foward to the weekend ahead. Sure I'll poke at my Dad and keep him on his toes...I can't let the old man off that easily but its all in good fun. I'm just really lucky to have parents who want to take me places still...bc when it comes down to it they are taking me on a trip so that I can ride my bike and run around in a beautiful training facility called the lake placid region. Its really cool! You should all do it :)

Alright I'm done...off to the Gym for a quick lift and then its time for a nice JOGGING session with my good buddy Josh! We will both be rocking Newtons today, I think I've got him hooked. I am even going to be purchasing him a pair at the Fallen Arch in Placid later today when I pick up my pair that I reserved last week..see what did I tell you WE TRIATHLETES ARE ALWAYS BUYING STUFF....

Tip of the day: Go outside and ride your bike..even if its just for a couple minutes..I guarantee this will brighten your day! Or just think of me and that will brighten your day as well. (I guess I shouldn't really say that bc I have like one woman who reads this blog and the rest are dudes and I don't know if I want dudes thinking about me in ways that "brighten their day"...but whatever..if it makes you happy than it can't be that bad, is that Sheryl Crow Quote?...im done..gotta go I'm starting to question myself more and more.... :)

"big gulps huh...see ya later"

-Turbo Curbo (TC) you all must refer to me as either Turbo or "TC"...no this does not stand for too cool...I will only answer to this, otherwise your at your own risk if you want a response from me...seriously I bet no one is reading this anymore..this was a really long post..I just can't stop writing this morning for some reason...DONE!

1 comment:

  1. Arrested Developement and Dumb & Dumber quotes in the same blog ... AND a shout out - wow might as well check out for the day bc its all down hill from here - and have fun at LP sounds like an amazing place - looking forward to that coffee you buy me whenever we can figure out a time to get together - but knowing you - you will probably ride your bike to boston to chill - which is fine by me!

    ReplyDelete