Tuesday, October 27, 2009

TOOOOOOSSSSSSDAY!

5:45 Another day..nothing to exciting to write home about yet. I slept in a little this morning because I was tired..yoga goes till 8:30 on Mondays and I always go to Wegman's after which gets me home after 9 and then I eat and I'm never in bed before 10..and Matthew needs his rest...with that said, I have my first Functional Strength Training workout this morning, looks pretty interesting, should keep me limber and strong. Then work all day. Then on the bike tonight..and I'll be damned if I don't get on the bike....that is my one focus for the day and I will not let anything get in the way of that.

So I am off to the gym momentarily..Functional Strength Training is sweet! I did almost a 1hr session at the gym and did not use a single weight...except my body that is.

Later in the day....
Ahh 5PM and I am caffeinating...ut oh, I hope I still can fall asleep...Oh well I am about to hop on my bike and try to do a 20 min Time Trial...balls to the wall...this should be interesting...

5:30 pm a client sends my audit team new documents to work on..sweet..bike's on ice..

Alright, I'm back. It's 8:08 (Like Kanye's album, lol) Dinner's cooking and by dinner cooking I mean the vegetables (brussel sprouts, yes BRUSSEL SPROUTS! They are delicious & nutritious!) I am nuking are in the microwave and the cottage cheese I am going to eat is in the refrigerator. An apple is currently being munched on as we speak. I don't normally drink coffee past like 3pm and I don't normally work out really hard during the evening..(with some exceptions like swimming once a week)..but I don't drink coffee on that night so that's beside the point. What I am trying to get at is that my OCD definitely kicked in...I had a nice bike ride on the indoor trainer tonight after I was able to call it quits on work for the night which was around 6:30 I think. After the bike ride I showered quickly and then proceeded to clean the dished, fold my clothes, clean and polish my desk and organize my bike parts...all in probably 15 minutes..ha

as for the bike ride, I'll say this...doing a 20 minute time trial on an indoor trainer is tough. Without inertia on your side you alone are the power source. I am not certain as to my averages but I will review them shortly. I was able to keep a high cadence the whole 20 minutes which was nice and regardless of the overall speed I think that's an accomplishment to keep the legs churning hard for that amount of time. I'll tell you one thing though..I was sweating buckets! I had a towel underneath the bike and it was absolutely drenched..as was my bandanna (which lasted about 10 minutes once I started pedaling hard, the thing must have put on a full pound, haha. Anyways this was my first time ever truly time trialing where I went as hard as I thought I could for 20 minutes...it will certainly be interesting to analyze the results and then compare them with future trials...cuz we all know its all about getting faster :)

1 comment:

  1. indoor time trials blow. next time, weigh yourself before and after, just to see how much water you sweat out. its sick.

    and as a sidenote, riding indoors on the trainer is pleasantly known as "the pain cave" within my team. feel free to use that term in your own endeavors.

    ReplyDelete