Sunday, October 18, 2009

It's Official...I'm Nuts

Check this present I got from the parents yesterday...haha! SOO COOL



Ahh...the search for coffee at 6:30 AM on a Sunday. As with most places, Lake Placid on Sunday morning poses some difficulties towards my quest for warm cup of joe. I passed the small Caff E Bean coffee shop which was definitely closed and was so even on Saturday. (I stopped there on Sat. evening and wasn't really impressed, yes they have a great view of the lake but its really small and idk it just wasn't me) So after that I made the trip to my old trusted Starbucks..yesterday they had been open at 6:30..BUT today all the lights were out. It happens to be that they do not open until 7:30 on Sundays...slackers! So now I am now majorly bumming as my coffee craze grows more severe. However, a nice little bagel shop saves the day! They've got a great selection of Green Mtn Coffee and fresh bagels cooking. I am not eating any bagels yet, I'm saving my breakfast for a little diner I like that is down the street..will be going their shortly after my dad gets moving back in the hotel room. I gave him a deadline of 7:45 in the hopes hill be up and around at 8. I can tell you this though, I forgot to get more power bar energy balls or whatever they are called so on today's ride I am going to go a bit more natural in regards to fuel. Its looking like a freshly made bagel, chocolate milk, banana, and some gu's just in case. Its a 2 hour ride so I will be looking for about 600 calories.

So that's what I am doing at the moment. Sitting at this nice little bagel/coffee shop, my mom's buried in her kindle reading every book known to man, and my dad is propped up on the bed back at the hotel watching sportscenter, or the golf channel...true Curbeau family bliss.

Let me catch you up on what I learned yesterday during my ride...which was a lot I must say. So in reference to the title of today's post...that I'm Nuts, I'll explain to you what has confirmed this. As I was spinning my way through the lovely bike loop that is that of IMLP...I realized that I was carrying on a full fledged conversation with myself. As the ride went on I realized that this conversation basically lasted the whole 3 hours, uninterrupted, and extremely enlightening. HAHA...this must be a good thing because hopefully as I continue on my Triathlon journey I will be partaking in many, many long rides. As this was really my first Solo ride over 50 miles it was nice to know that I can keep myself interested in MYSELF! WHAT DID I TALK ABOUT you ask? Well lots of things, in retrospect I need to rig up some microphone on my iPhone that records exactly what I am jabbering about. I do remember that a lot of the early conversation was about work and how its not really that bad. It just seems like hell at various times. So that was nice to hammer some of those issues out. I commented on how nice the ride was, I would let out some nice yelps of happiness, I would say hi to actual people that were out on their lawns, I commented out loud about how cool my white spokes looked going around and around....overall it was just a running conversation for 3 hours...what can i say..im a nutter.

Cool thing though...I told my parents to drive the course so that they could see what it was all about, which they did. They even brought me a nice bottle of water to replenish my stock. They caught up with me (if you know the course) at the end of the out and back on Haselton. It was a nice place to meet up with me since their was no traffic or anything...Haselton is a cool road..I even relieved myself about 2 feet from the white line without anyone driving by and bothering me...true bliss. So it was cool to have some fans cheering me on. I ended up seeing them along the way back by Whiteface as well. I've put some of the pics my mom took in here.

REAL TIME COMMENT..my mom just ordered one of the bagels from the shop were at...graham cracker bagel with cinnamon walnut cream cheese...OUT OF THIS WORLD GOOD..this may be my new morning hang out. Plus the girl working behind the counter looks a lot better than the motherly aged one at Starbucks.

Well I am going to get rolling..breakfast to be had and road to be ridden...its looking like a Mexican shower after the ride though. Check out is at 11 and I don't think I'll be back by then. Oh well I guess their are always sacrifices to be made. hahahahahahaha

WHOA..ONE QUICK THING..I am sitting here looking out at Mirror Lake and I kid you not like 15 seagulls are chasing this one duck. The seagulls are dive bombing it and stuff..ITS NUTS. It looks like the Ducks just got fed by some hotel people and the seagulls are pissed that they did not get the food...so their natural line of thinking is to steal the ducks food. Seriously this is some crazy stuff two ducks have put the bread in their mouth and tried to make a break for it by flying across the water...and without exception like 15 seagulls go chasing after..I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS BEFORE...poor ducks..they need Emilo Estevez to show up and give them some coaching on how to fly in the V to avoid the seagulls threat. weird.........

TIP OF THE DAY: Don't be like those damn seagulls. They are mean and its not cool to be mean. Don't take what is not yours.

2 comments:

  1. ask your mom and dad where they got that poster. i want it. its the story of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They got it at this little shop in Placid..had a bunch of cool signs..maybe you can find it on the internet somewhere..that being the sign cuz i have no idea what the shops name was and I highly doubt it would be on the internet..in the mean time if I back up there ill pick another one up without a doubt..glad you relate to the sign...i love it!

    ReplyDelete