Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Welcome to my life. Come right in, we've got a lot to talk about.

Hi Everyone!
My name is Matt Curbeau and I am 23 years old. I currently work for a big four Accounting firm in Upstate NY and will be a full fledged CPA this Spring when my hour requirements are met. However, Accounting is just my day job. Just like Clark Kent, my day job is not who I am, I am and a Triathlete..or at least for now, an aspiring one.
Why the name 4:30 Triathlon? Simple. This is when I wake up most every morning. I wake up because I have fallen in love with the sport of Triathlon. I wake up because not many other people are up. I wake up because it is going to make me faster. I wake up because I can't wait to ride my bike. I wake up because every day in the pool makes me sooo much quicker! I wake up this early because that's what you need to do if you every want to compete on the Big Island...and I sure do! I wake up because I know how it feels when you finish a race with your family and friends cheering you on. (If you've never had that experience...immediately sign up for some sort of competition...5k or whatever, I guarantee when you finish you will have a better high than any drug will every give you....and its completely free, minus entry fees and travel expenses...but we will save those rants for another time)...and I could go on and on about why I am waking up at 4:30 every morning but the long and short of it is that I am dedicated to this sport and more importantly to myself. I know that I am a complete newbie but I just can't get enough!
What can you expect from me? I am going to do my best to post every day when I wake up.I will keep a running list of my upcoming races and results.I will talk about my favorite triathlon gear! (This is probably my favorite subject, and I am sure most triathletes will agree. Getting the latest, the coolest, the lightest stuff is basically a prerequisite to the sport of Triathlon)

I will basically lead you through the life of an aspiring triathlete...I know your excited, but please sit back down and stop cheering...we've got a LONG way to go.

-Matt

3 comments:

  1. 4:30 is a good time of day. I'm digging the lifestyle. Looking forward to reading more as you go.

    As I type this, I'm putting down a cup of coffee, smelling the lovely odor of a saltwater pool on my skin. Good morning triathlon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike - Yeah 4:30 is beautiful! Starbucks Via is my new coffee fix at this time of the day. Loving how quick, easy, and delicious it is. If only I had lots of money...I would open up a coffee shop/tri store/bike shop/indoor pool...etc
    It would be such a nice place for all of us nutters to hang out when the rest of the general population is sleeping.

    Oh yeah and for the people in the north where winter hits hard, my shop would have a bunch of computrainers for head to head training sessions/races...how cool would that be!!!

    I'll have to devote a post to this subject sometime :)

    ReplyDelete